Hi all, wave

Myself and 3 others are heading over to Niseko 26 Jan '10 (7 nights) and I am starting to get pretty excited now with only two months to go. clap

1) One of the main questions I have is how much cash should I take considering:- Will probably eat out most nights and will likely be Western style food most of the time consumed in combination with a healthy dose of beer. cheers

2) Favorite runs? (Secret powder stashes welcomed just PM I won't tell anyone evilgrin ) Seriously what ones do you like.. some insight... I have been to Canada 4 times (Whistler, Banff, Jasper, Big White) NZ 3 times (Mt Hutt and QT) snowboard only and don't mind spending plenty of time on long rolling groomers and finding little pockets of softer stuff off those. Of course the obligatory powder runs are the reason I am going to Niseko this year so any tips on where best to find those are welcomed (I know, I know a somewhat ambivalent question).

Anyway looking forward to seeing you all there. I'll be the Australian guy on a snowboard so make sure you say hi lol

Cheers

Tex

I assume all your accomdation is paid for, no gear to hire, lift ticket either included or you can pay by credit card.

Allow 5k for morning beers and lunch.

20K for evening beers and dinner. And hopefully you can make it without depriving yourself.

Originally Posted By: Tex
I'll be the Australian guy on a snowboard so make sure you say hi lol

lol

FUNNY!

As for Powder 'stashes' - my friend... in late January you should be riding more powder than you could dream about just on the groomers alone! Don't worry - you'll find them!! Just follow the other Aussie guys on snowboards off through the tree's or out the gates.

Thanks MB that's good to hear, love a powder run through a trees. I nearly passed out from exhaustion in Canada once after hitting the same gladed run about 6 times, it was snowing moderately and the wind was all but sweeping my tracks away, so each time it was freshies. I had to do a little hike from the bottom to the lift and sort of woke up with someone tapping me on the shoulder near the lifts. I was standing semi conscious with a stupid grin on my face, thighs burning so bad. clap

Tex, in the past I have taken $500 dollars cash out of the ATM at the airport and after 8 days I always have a wad of cast left but as a middle aged snowboarder I'm not out on the turps all night every night.

There are so many tree runs that you will over dose. There is no point in pointing out any particular spots to hit as you can have the best runs of your life just off to the side of any of the groomers.

Year before last we were having the best session in fresh untracked POW on a green family run at Hanazono, we stopped for lunch and while eating our noodles we watched in amazement as the heaviest snow fall I've seen in my life occurred. After lunch we went back to the same green run to see all the tracks where completely covered.

Originally Posted By: ratherb@thesnow
Tex, in the past I have taken $500 dollars cash out of the ATM at the airport and after 8 days I always have a wad of cast left but as a middle aged snowboarder I'm not out on the turps all night every night.

There are so many tree runs that you will over dose. There is no point in pointing out any particular spots to hit as you can have the best runs of your life just off to the side of any of the groomers.

Year before last we were having the best session in fresh untracked POW on a green family run at Hanazono, we stopped for lunch and while eating our noodles we watched in amazement as the heaviest snow fall I've seen in my life occurred. After lunch we went back to the same green run to see all the tracks where completely covered.

That is all very good news, just what I hoped/wanted to hear.

On the turps:- You know I talk it up big time... but after a beer or two I usually just fall asleep where I am sitting (heading towards middle age myself) grandpa