I nailed the trick I wanted to get down by the end of the season but didn't get up as much as I would have liked to (mainly because the snow was so bad at home and I didn't get here until Jan). Still I feel good about the season which other than a couple weeks from a busted up heel was injury free.

I went more than 10 times, one of my goals.

Got some new boots and bindings, a seemingly insignifant hurdle, but quite insurmountable without leaving Japan.

I jumped a lot for a person with a great fear of leaving the ground at the beginning of the season.

My finesse in powder came along, and I'm a complete knuckle dragger now.

Didn't get to go switch, but that can come next season.

The only thing I achieved was getting all new stuff: board, bindings, boots, and goggles. Happy \:\)

I also wanted to go 50 days, only went 25 (broke my leg pretty severely) I focused the season on riding fakie and did get better but not as natural as my goofy/regular style. I also didn't get to go to Hachimantai...I broke my leg the morning b/f I was going while at Appi. I really should have skipped Appi on my little tour of Tohoku!!

Unfortunately no, not really. I was planning to catch more air/do ground tricks but my season hasn`t been the same since I reaggrevated my right knee and really injured it in early Feb. \:\( The only good(surprising?)thing that came out of this is that the knee held up enough that I wasn`t forced to end my season early...or maybe it`s just my konjo? :p Kintaro&Enderzero, how did you guys bang up your leg/heel, respectively?

I was at Appi for the first time so I didn't know the runs. I went up on the first gondola of the morning after a big night of snow...pow everywhere! Anyway, 10 meters down, 9:10am, I hit a mogul that I couldn't see...not even going fast and I actually heard my bones cracking. The ski patrol dudes worked about 3 hours to get me out of there. Cast comes off in 2 weeks!!!

Yeah that was the trick.

I hurt my heel by not quite clearing the big kicker at 47 (after clearing it all day). My injury was far from serious - I was riding again after 2 weeks (and actually rode one day a tiny bit after a week - that was the day I met fattwins, dane, and nofakie).

Yeah I did acheive my goal this season, merely getting to the snow for a week. I went to the Pyrnees over the New Year. Anyone else been there (Soldeu)?

Good apres ski!

My goal for next season, riding in Japan. Is there anywhere decent near(ish) Osaka ?

Why Gifu? I've only been to Dynaland but still..why Gifu? It seemed crowded and expensive to me.. Let me suggest w/ the exception of Zao, any of the majors in Tohoku! Gomen Zao fans but the price ain't right and the lifts are way to far apart for snowboarders.

All in all this was my best season. 34 days riding in all the right spots with plenty of new terrain discovered. I'm now a much better rider and I didn't hurt myself too much in the process. Also got safer by doing an avalanche awareness course, buying gear and riding safe with my friends. The best thing about this season was the afformentioned combined with some hiking to discover what backcountry riding is all about. Roll on next season.

Why Gifu season passes at dyna are only 20000 yen if you go with a lady. You can find fresh tracks everyday if you know where to look. By far the best pipes in all of japan. Takasu snow park no crowds just pow and the longest park in all of Japan I think. In fact Gifu sucks.

Takasu Snow Park not crowded? You mean even on weekends? If it has such a fine board park I thought everyone`d go there. I guess I`ve got to check it out one of these days. \:\) Is the steep lift tix price keeping people away?

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt really have any goals but I got much much better. I remember saying to Ender0 that I wanted to go about 30 times and surpassed that a long way. Im much more confident now and have much more experience but I need to do some avie training before I start going where I want to, thank goodness Ill be hitting NZ in August!

I guess my aim was to have a good time and that was certianly achieved thanks to members of this forum. Domo

I dont think it was a conscious effort to not make any goals, just that I was gagging so badly to be on the mtn that goals didnt enter my mind. I might make some for next year though, just loose ones mind you like spend more time in the pipe etc that you cant do wrong

I've set myself some goals this season. I didn't last season though. This year i even made a little A4 sized print out with my goals on, on the backdrop of someone carving through some nice pow. I set myself six in total. I may not achieve all of them, but i hope to.

Didn`t get to go to Tenjindaira, didn`t get to build a 25 meter kicker, didn`t get to ride anything crazy out of control steep, didn`t get to do the switch spin tricks that I wanted to do.

Did get everything else done though. Spun 540 off the biggest kicker at Hakuba, backside spins, escaped the season with only minor injuries (2 broken fingers, whilplash, and a busted up forehead, whacked knees), accomplished my biggest goal - 60 days (+5 more), rode with a cute japanese girl, and some crazy guys (both g and j), met alot of forum people (like 15 or so), got fairly proficient at dropping cliffs and bangin` the rails, got too much powder for my own good, and in general had a blast.

Gotta say that I am loving the off-season here in Japan - almost as good as the on-season.