BTW the upper limit thing makes me laugh. I don't know what "packets" are, but after 15 minutes of surfing online I have hit that limit!

lol

So basically it's 5980 yen a month. Which is fine with me, I knew that the upper limit was very easily reached.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She seemed unsure but said that a few shops in Niigata were doing it. But this shop had just 3 PCs, so rather limited! I think I lucked on with the timing big time.

Originally Posted By: joshnii
BTW the upper limit thing makes me laugh. I don't know what "packets" are, but after 15 minutes of surfing online I have hit that limit!

lol

So basically it's 5980 yen a month. Which is fine with me, I knew that the upper limit was very easily reached.

Joshini, If the limit is so easily reached what was the point of getting it? For the Computer?

I use one of those low limit USB thingo's too Indo.

But I am able to keep using past that (just get charged for it) - and I mainly use my home internet connection.

I use the USB internet for:

* vacations with my little EeePC.

* when I need to use the internet and the stupid thing is down for some reason (different providers - rare)

* to sit out by the pool, watch the kids and yet do work that needs to be done.

* to take to friends houses with dial-up who want me to do something for them on their computers - like set up facebook. After using broadband I DO NOT have the patience for dial up! I like to get stuff done quickly.

* to take to the hairdressers - if I am getting cut/color/was/treatment/blowdry it takes HOURS (and my grey hairs are not so attractive so it needs to be done! I hate those silly fashion mags and hair mags they give you to read with photoshoped 15 yr old models - so I take my litte EeePC/internet dingle - and commune with SJ instead. smile

What was the point?? I'm not really understanding your question. confused

Like I said in my post, I was fully aware that the maximum cost can be reached extremely easily and I would basically be paying it each month.

I use my computer out of the office - and home - a lot and I want to be able to connect. So, the point was/is, I wanted to.

My policy is to never go back and check prices of something I've bought. It almost always ends up being annoying especially with electronic stuff. joshnii's deal above though would really sting if you bought a few days ago!

Originally Posted By: joshnii
What was the point?? I'm not really understanding your question. confused

Like I said in my post, I was fully aware that the maximum cost can be reached extremely easily and I would basically be paying it each month.

I use my computer out of the office - and home - a lot and I want to be able to connect. So, the point was/is, I wanted to.

Sorry mate, Maybe I have missed the point totally!

So this is for out of office use in addition to your home connection?
If you can hit the limit in 15 mins of surfing then obviously you will be paying heaps more that 6,000 per month to keep it going? wakaranai

ps Thursday. you can post that Docomo chick as many times as you want! thumbsup

Indo - it is an upper COST limit of 5980 yen - and you will hit that limit very quickly.

But there is no limit on how much you actually use the internet using the connection --- you can effectively use it as much as you want.

What it boils down to is if you don't use it in a month for whatever reason, you pay the minimum charge of 1000 yen. But if you do use it for more than 10-15 minutes, you pay the maximum monthly charge of 5980 yen.

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Indo - it is an upper COST limit of 6000 yen - and you will hit that limit very quickly.
But there is no limit on how much you actually use the internet using the connection --- you can effectively use it as much as you want.

What it boils down to is if you don't use it in a month for whatever reason, you pay the minimum charge of 1000 yen. But if you do use it, you pay the maximum charge of 5980 yen.

Yep - got he packethodai on my phone, the Toshiba Biblio, already "downloaded" 2gig in 3 months - phone bill has been 6k each and every month. biggrin Only problem is that the smilies on the phone don't work here.
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
yeah, the most they can charge you is 6000 yen...right? so if you use it a lot then you are quids in

Right. Well, 5980 yen. wink

And joshnii got a new computer out of it too!