went searching for pics of my childhood bike. Found one.

Raleigh Europa. I bought this in '76 but it died in '93 when my brother in law rode it into a tree in England.

Europa.jpg

Damn, that was a lovely bike.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone here have a denki-bike?

Thinking of getting one as I am moving to the upper hillside. My mum-in-law has one but I wonder if its safe to leave them locked up without the battery going walkies.

Originally Posted By: thursday

Raleigh Europa. I bought this in '76 but it died in '93 when my brother in law rode it into a tree in England.

Europa.jpg

nice bike thursday, wow '76 is early, i was still on choppers then! chopper-orange.jpg
Originally Posted By: stemik
Originally Posted By: thursday

Europa.jpg

nice bike thursday, wow '76 is early, i was still on choppers then! chopper-orange.jpg

That has something missing Stem. THe gearchange. It was like a car auto box. Very cool back then.

The first bike I had was a Raleigh Chicco. Fabulous. I bought it with my pocket money all those years ago. It came with a pump that was blocked. So everytime I had a flat, I'd roll it into the shop and have the gaffers pump it back up. I think they hated me for whatever reason they were responsible for.

Me and me brother both had Europas. That brings back memories! Still got one them at my folks place. I used to ride mine to college along the Curry Mile when I was a student.

Grifters and Choppers don't look the same, the chopper has the big easy rider handle bars, grifter was just norma bars. There was a sister bike to the Grifter, just can't remember what it was, my cousin had one at the same time I had my grifter