I was thinking about SJF's need to vent today...and thinking..with all the tools in the world that give us frustration ---> what about the flipside of that, you know the GOOD STUFF.

a)Do you recognize the good stuff when it happens?

b)Do you acknowledge it? Like telling someone they made your day or commenting on great customer service etc..

c)Do you go out of your way to be the bright spark in someone else's day? Even occasionally?

I am guilty of thinking the good stuff should just be there sometimes, but am trying to teach myself more and more to SEE the good stuff instead of just the bad stuff.

b)Do you acknowledge it? Like telling someone they made your day or commenting on great customer service etc..

Another failing of mine. I am much better at this with complete strangers than I am with my loved ones. Also a work in progress.

c)Do you go out of your way to be the bright spark in someone else's day? Even occasionally?

Sometimes I am so caught up in what I am doing I don't even realize other people exist...but I do practice this kind of 'pay it forward' behavior at times. Strangest thing is when I really go out of my way to do something special for someone I feel FANTASTIC - so it is a win-win.

I'm not sure I believe in karma. But I make a point to try and be polite and give good feedback when it is deserved. I know how good it is to hear it myself and how frustrating it is to not hear it.

What was the vent about this morning SJF if you don't mind me asking?

Absolutely

Absolutely. I make a point of doing so too. It's not difficult is it?

In general I am not keen on people who are cold and thoughtless in that way.

lol I sound downright selfish compared to you Muika!! I must clarify - while I am highlighting my failings I am generally a nice person - far too polite at times.

I just wonder why I don't engage in random (or rather UNRANDOM) acts of kindness more often because it is just an awesome feeling! REALLY should do nice stuff for people more often smile

I was in Ap Liu Street buying some tools the other day. The shops there are owned by smart people but staffed by dumbf***s.

Well, the lady did the ting on the till, took my dosh, and gave me back in change my original $100 and change. Thanks. I gave her the $100 back and walked out. Silly bitch, it would've costed her from her wages.

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks for that thursday, but it's ok. It was hardly offensive. I just decided to delete it and not have it up here. Wouldn't want to 'humanise' the site and us people behind it would we. wink

All it was was I was a little fed up with rude people contacting us and demanding stuff as if we owe them something and then bad-mouthing us when they don't get what they want. It's rather annoying!

friend

mmm...

when it comes to the bottom line:

I got good drinking water - rain water

There is food - I can fish, hunt and pick and grow

There is no one telling me what not to do and I can read lots of books,

and wouldn't it be great if we don't have to pay taxes.

Originally Posted By: thursday
I was in Ap Liu Street buying some tools the other day. The shops there are owned by smart people but staffed by dumbf***s.

Well, the lady did the ting on the till, took my dosh, and gave me back in change my original $100 and change. Thanks. I gave her the $100 back and walked out. Silly bitch, it would've costed her from her wages.

That was REALLY honest of you Thursday.
Not sure I would have noticed - I tend to just take the fist full of change and shove it in my purse naughty
If I had noticed I would have done the same - but I suspect we would be in the minority. Maybe I am being cynical...
Originally Posted By: brit-gob
Who's in charge of karma anyway?

I just didn't know what else to call the thread - maybe Karma was a bad title...
I don't know that bad deeds come back to bite you - but I do know that good deeds make you feel great...maybe THAT is "karma".

shit. I read that a coupla times and then a coupla times more. You English teachers are just crap.

Quote:

used to call this girl I went to school with Boy George, she was not happy

I am not correcting that. You English teachers do it.

Originally Posted By: thursday

Maybe the lapse was coz she was just mesmerized by your charm and moviestar-like good looks.

There is "cause and effect" , and something beyond. In that case do we actually have a choice other than making up our own mind? In that case do we actually make our own future, or are we dealing with someone else's bad actions and do we get to see our actions in our own lifetime ?