'Many girls' abused by boyfriends

Quote:
A third of teenage girls suffer sexual abuse in a relationship and a quarter experience violence at the hands of their boyfriends, a survey suggests.

Nearly 90% of 1,400 girls aged 13 to 17 had been in intimate relationships, the NSPCC and University of Bristol found.

Of these, one in six said they had been pressured into sexual intercourse and one in 16 said they had been raped.

The government is developing guidance for schools on gender bullying but says it is "vital" parents advise children.

A quarter of the girls interviewed for the survey had suffered physical violence including being slapped, punched or beaten, while others had been pressured or forced to kiss or sexually touch.

Only one in 17 boys reported having been pressured or forced into sexual activity but almost one in five had suffered physical violence in a relationship.

It's got to be a bit shocking to see this article and the ages of kids thrown around. When do kids end being kids these days?
And why do these boys remain status 'boyfriend'.

Did things used to be like this.
Oh dear, I'm sounding like my grandad. shifty

'round these parts sexual activity is starting early, especially amongst the young ladies of privilage unfortunately. Perhaps not the whole kit and caboodle, but they are certainly 'taking care of' the young men, and seem to WAY undervalue themselves.

It is also very common for young men and women (of the 13-18yr age group) to actively seek out multiple 'hook ups' at parties, it is as if it is a big achievement to lip lock with multiple people.

Personally I think it shows low self esteem, and a pathological need to be accepted by peers. Pretty sad really.

Quote:

Only one in 17 boys reported having been pressured or forced into sexual activity .

I think this has been issued from the Ministry of Stating the Bleeding Obvious!! Teenage boys are like dogs in heat, don't think it'd take much to "coerce" them to do the dirty!!

It just doesn't seem real

Girl: "Oh come on let me give you one of my famous long blowjobs, big boy"

Boy: "Not tonight, you're rushing me. Can't we make some of those lovely cakes or go the museum or something"

Girl: "Get those pants off!"

Boy: "Just.... LEAVE ME ALONE... you bully!!!"

confused

well...

OK

I see your point.

But I do know that listening to the boys talking about it together they are not really that impressed by the girls who are offering it up (we are talking 14,15,16 here) to all and sundry. They dont like it, they dont respect it, and they are put off by the lack of respect the girl has for herself. The boys are not too keen on sharing with others, and would prefer a girl with more self respect who indulges after getting to know each other a bit more, and is a bit more exclusive.

Maybe I have just raised my boy right.

And all credit to you Mamabear. thumbsup

I don't like hearing about the lifestyle of those girls you mention, it just isn't right.

friend

(Just trying to imagine it, as there seemed "something wrong with that picture" so to speak).

Seems like a dream, but when the reality is served up in front of you I think (especially for young guys still experiencing new things) it can really be quite like a nightmare.

Sometimes fantasies should stay in the land of fantasy.

Sometimes.

Maybe.

MB are you totally sure you can trust everything your boys tell you? It's just being a boy I know how easy it is to tell your parents what they want to hear whilst doing the exact opposite...

I never really ever had to lie to my parents too much at all but there were definitely some things I never wanted them to know. And because I was completely honest with them about 90% of the time they trusted me more than enough that it was easy to get away with the other 10%.

You should never trust boys too much, we're all bastards you know! razz

You both might be right.

I am however glad that they know the right things to say ( demonstrates a knowledge of what is right and wrong even if they choose to be naughty)

I am also glad that if the you know what hits the fan, they know they can come to me. I have been open enough with them, and they have seen me react with understanding previously, so even if things dont go well ... I am confident they will be alright.

On the topic of girls feeling abused - as a Mum to all boys I have invested a lot time into talking to them about leaving girls feeling good about intimate interactions with them...sure they might leave all my advice behind in the heat of the moment, but I have made it abundently clear over a long period of time that they have a responsibility to not only make sure a girl is a willing participant, but also goes away with good memories. The rest is up to them.

Not saying you haven't raised great boys or anything but believe me that we don't need to respect or even overly like a girl to allow them to pleasure us! dance

At least I didn't when I was a teenager...

Yeah and you guys usually also got beat up daily and ridiculed by your peers. And a large proportion of guys like that seemed to end up in Japan where they actually have a chance of picking up chicks! lol razz

GoNative you missed two rather important parts of my mail

Quote:
I didn't take advantage of a few situations

They were there to take advantage of.

Quote:
when I was a young'un....

Not done too bad for myself as a grown up'n.

Though I still have that compass guiding me, an adult version.

smile

Boys are 17, 16(next month), 12 and 10(next month) Veronica.

Not all girls have changed that much, but there is certainly a group in our local area who have grown up with too much cash and not enough self respect.