Actress 'Noripee' - drug possession

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: 69
Originally Posted By: RobBright
clearly got treated differently compared to a foreigner if they were in on the same charges.

Yeah they didn't have to walk out in front of 255634 cameras broadcast live on every tv channel and do a press conference looking like they have just had a quick make up session and a change of clothes and also looking well fed.

Just added a bit more to your post to add validity.

Of course, she can do just a quick bow, give it 6 mths and people will have moved on. The foreigners, kicked out and never allowed to step back into this country again, in some cases maybe ok after 10yrs.

Originally Posted By: thursday
and they didn't have their lives ripped apart.

(Deportation is not being ripped apart)

Depends. Did they have a life set up here? Did they have new friends? Perhaps a girlfriend/fiancee?

It goes on their criminal record and may stop them entering other countries as an effect from it.

Perhaps people should care less about looking over shoulders and seeing what somneone else got as punishmet for being a fool and more about just not being a willing fool themselves.

= problem doesn't arise

I didn't think they got deported, I thought they were banged up in one of Japans secretive institutions.

While i agree with your sentiment Frannyo, surely for the rule of justice and democracy to be vaild, everyone, regardless of creed and colour, should be punished to the same extremes. One rule for all.

The Japanese authorities are fully hypocritical regarding drugs especially when they gave heroin and opium to the chinese population during the Nanking Massacre to pacify them.

"

To pacify the population during the long occupation, highly addictive narcotics, including opium and heroin, were distributed by Japanese soldiers to the people of Nanking, regardless of age. An estimated 50,000 persons became addicted to heroin while many others lost themselves in the city's opium dens."

Yamauchi Chemists produced heroin for the military. The japanese soldiers who took Singapore were supposedly on a mixture of heroin and amphetamines to curtail their exhaustion as they pedalled down Malaya.

Have a look at this book for the facts.

Consuming habits: drugs in history and anthropology

By Jordan Goodman, Paul E. Lovejoy, Andrew Sherratt

Well yes Tubby Beaver, but given the real world circumstances we live in, and the very clear knowledge that Japan ain't easy on people they find with drugs, it would seem the sensible thing to simply not do them. Easy!

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
If you are like me and many other foreigners, Mr Tubby, you may well enjoy many situations here in Japan where you are treated in better ways than a Japanese person and enjoy those advantages and priveleges. Want to give them up too?

what such ways? confused
I agree, with japan's ultra conservative view of drugs its not worth doing them, so I don't. But the rule of law should be equally strict for everyone, that is a basic tenet of democracy.

But it never really is, is it...

Here in Aus we very definitely have a 2 class system - them and us. Initially it was just the indigineous falling into the catagory where health care was inaccessable, education stopped at about 12 etc etc - but as a nation we tend to rush to judgement about anyone of colour from Africa, or anyone who appears to be of Muslim persuasion as well.

You are right - it is the basic tenet of democracy that all be treated equally - but to be honest - we suck at it world over.

I did't say that it works flawlessly anywhere but it shouldn't be accepted. This is something, as MB and yourself has pointed out, that we aren't very good at but the minute society stops protesting these inequalities and just accepts them then the line has been drawn further back and what would be next on the list to concede?

What ways did you mean that we get preferential treatment over Japanese?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

She's promising to divorce her wayward naughty husband.

Did you see all those people lined up to try and get in the court.

Don't they have better things to do in their lives.