Can Japan do effective and logical?

It's the law that they have to be indoors. The company I work for has managed to get the first international ATM up and running in Niseko. We obviously looked at having it as a 'hole in the wall' but no not allowed.

The ATM and banks are often seperate - these ATM's can take any card pretty much, but if the bank designates that that bank's cash facilites are only available until 9pm, ie Mizuho, Sumitomo, so be it.

The ATM doesn't close down, you just can't access that bank on that machine. Now Shinsei, they can use any 7/11 machine, and keikyu machine, 24/7 hours a day.

Think Lawson's is based on Mizuho, so that would close at a specific time, but I can still use my Shinsei account at different ATM. It's all very confusing.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
WOW!

So are the ATMs able to serve money 24/7 if they are in an indoors establishment that is OPEN 24/7? Or is it also bank rules that they have to close?

We've got the same machine that they have in 7/11's so yes as long as the office is open then people will be able to access cash.

It's in the Hokkaido Tracks office in the Yama Shizen East bulding. All welcome to use it, not just HT customers.

Not the most central spot but at least there's an ATM in Niseko finally!

Originally Posted By: ShinyDiscoBall
The 7-11 bank atms are open 24 hours aren't they?

yeah....so you'd expect to be able to withdraw from it at anytime on a sunday right??!! wrong, after 9pm and the ATM says No!! doh