2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Go Native
And no reason not to try them all over the years!

X2.

So many killer places in Japan, and so many just dont have crowds, lines, etc...Id like to hit up most every resort if possible. Talking with a few peeps now about a Hokkaido road trip smile
Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Well, I'm going to see how my schedules go and see if I can make my way up there. Unfortunately, it'll most likely be December before I can do that.

prolly be just as easy for you to get a ferry as it is to fly and have your car with you. Cars are better to have on Hokkers for sure...so many onsen outta the way which are so worth going to!
Originally Posted By: RobBright
Originally Posted By: ausi ski bum
Originally Posted By: RobBright
Na - leave hokkaido to those ozzies and we'll have honshu for ourselves.

and 100 million other Japanese, I think the lower population and less crowds in Hokkaido is a big attraction to me coming from a country area myself.

Yes. Because Hokkaido NEVER gets packed during the season does it?

lol
Gotta say it is all relative.

A 20 minute wait for the lifts was not uncommon for me in July - and on the whole people took that with good humor. For the newbies in our groups or sharing our chairs it would be lovely if they had the luxury of light loading a chair, or leaving an empty behind them to give them time to collect themselves from thier yard sale - but it is just not an option.

Niseko at its busiest is not as busy as that.
And many times you can ride right into the front of the queue and let a chair or two go by while you unclip the rear binding. EVEN in January. And besides I like chatting to people in queues...if there are no queue's I might start talking to myself :(

Yeah besides the first ride up rush on a powder day in Hirafu there's hardly ever any major waiting for a lift even during the busiest periods. The gondola occasionally gets a bit of a queue, especially when a whole school group or two are trying to get on!