Things I hate doing - having to ask people to pay up!

Originally Posted By: Mantas
I hate it when people want something done 'urgently', meaning, drop everything and do it NOW otherwise THEY will loose revenue from THIER business, then once the 'urgent' job is done I have to wait for 6 weeks for payment.
veryangry

Know what you mean mantas.
My bro operates in a way that "urgent" jobs require "urgent" payment, or they don't get done (or just leave something that will need fixing up down the track as a bargaining tool)

I'm like you Mamabear, I try to get things paid as soon as I possibly can. I hate owing people anything. And the problem of people not paying or paying very late is unfortunately increasing. I have one customer who is 6 months over now and they are basically saying "I can't pay because I haven't been paid by my customers" and it goes on. The service is already finished so I can't withdraw that, just got to wait really and try to chase up from time to time. Hate it.

Originally Posted By: mina2
I have one customer who is 6 months over now and they are basically saying "I can't pay because I haven't been paid by my customers" and it goes on. The service is already finished so I can't withdraw that, just got to wait really and try to chase up from time to time. Hate it.

So it's not just Australia then?

Another thing I really do not like is dealing with my accountant.

I may not even like it if we spoke the same language, but I never quite trust that he is doing his best on my companys behalf. I'll qualify that by saying that I don't believe he is swindling me either - just not exactly putting himself out to advise or help that extra bit. Problem is, I have no idea how the experience would be with others and moving would be a big thing too. I get the impression that most people dislike dealing with their accountants/lawyers anyway.

Originally Posted By: Mantas
Originally Posted By: mina2
I have one customer who is 6 months over now and they are basically saying "I can't pay because I haven't been paid by my customers" and it goes on. The service is already finished so I can't withdraw that, just got to wait really and try to chase up from time to time. Hate it.

So it's not just Australia then?

It sure isn't.

Another thing I have noticed is more people getting more aggitated on the subject. It's no fun asking to be paid, no fun being asked, just a vicious circle with everyone getting more and more worked up.

he sounds like a real piece of work mb. glad you got what was owed.

the thing i ate about when people owe me money, is that i'm made to feel like the one at fault for simply asking for what is mine. grrrrr

Definitely. There's one guy who every year, without fail, needs some real pushing to pay up. He eventually does, but it's an effort. And he makes me feel bad about it. I'd like to fire him to be honest but it's a relatively fair chunk so I put up with it.