The FOOTBALL Thread (2009-2010)

Quote:
Rafa Benitez is a goner.

Or at least that's what the Sunday tabs are saying in a variety of different ways.

According to the Sunday Mirror, Liverpool have already begun to 'prepare for life without Benitez' with support for the beleagured Spanaird 'collapsing' in the boardroom.

'The Spaniard is just 12 months into a five-year contract and Liverpool would prefer a mutually agreed end to his six-year reign,' the newspaper adds. 'Real Madrid and Juventus both have Benitez on their wish-list of potential new coaches, while Inter Milan face the prospect of losing Jose Mourinho this summer.'

Meanwhile, The News of the World says that Benitez 'is considering his Anfield future as Liverpool chiefs line up a new £100million investment in the club. The Kop boss has reached breaking point and accepts it is now virtually impossible to take the team forward.'

Don't go Rafa! We want you to stay.
Bloody hell, I almost want Liverpool to win a few games! lol
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody hell new Real Madrid bollocks alert.

Quote:
Real Madrid have an "obsession" about signing Wayne Rooney but would need to fork out £80million or more to do so, according to former president Ramon Calderon.

Madrid, who have spent £250million assembling a team with stars such as Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka and Xabi Alonso, were knocked out of the Champions League in midweek by Lyon.

After the defeat at home to Wolves...I have resigned myself to the fact that Burnley will be playing Championship football again next season.

But the highlight of the season was beating Man U.....

Rooney wouldn't go to Spain, he wouldn't survive on a personal level. Very few English go to play footy abroad.

If Jose Mourinho is up for coming to Anfield, now that I would relish deeply. I suspect he may not be so stupid though.

Originally Posted By: thursday
Amazing how the star of Ronaldo has been snuffed by a wank team. If Rooney was to join him, the same fate no doubt.

Some people might argue that Rooney himself is supporting a 'wank team'. Not entirely true of course.
Quote:
David Beckham has admitted to fearing for his place in England's World Cup squad if he does not play regularly until the end of the season. "I am not guaranteed to go to South Africa at all," he said. "I have to work hard and hopefully win my place. There are a few months left and plenty of games but hopefully I can carry on playing well and get in the squad."

In the papers on Saturday.

Needs to update that now.

Can't believe how Top News the Becks story is here. I had this image of the news here being more 'serious' and not celeb-driven, doesn't seem to be the case!