The FOOTBALL Thread (2009-2010)

Patrick Vieira is in Manchester and is expected to hold talks with the City money chaps over his move to Eastlands, with his wages rumoured to be around the £150,000 mark. "What's important for me is those huge wads of cash those suckers are willing to pay me, er, to show the coach that I am the same as I was," said Viera.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal v Everton,

Fancy Everton for this

Birmingham v Man Utd

Brummies get humiliated

Burnley v Stoke

Don't give a shit. Sorry Stem.

Fulham v Portsmouth

I like Portsmouth. 5-0 Fulham

Hull v Chelsea

It's Hull's year

Sunderland v Bolton

Interesting, NOT

Wigan v Aston Villa

1 pie to nil

Tom Hicks Jr was under mounting pressure to resign from the Liverpool board last night.

Hicks sent an offensive e-mail to a supporter and triggered a row that has led to a fans’ group accusing the club of “a conspiracy of silenceâ€.

Hicks — the son of Tom Hicks, the Liverpool co-owner — sparked outrage at the weekend when he responded to an e-mail from Stephen Horner, a supporter, with consecutive abusive replies. The first simply said “idiotâ€, but the second said: “Blow me, f**kface. Go to hell, I’m sick of you.â€

He has since apologised, but the Texan’s contrition has failed to quell growing calls for him to quit the club.

doh

We could do with someone who scores goals. shifty

With Berbatov being rubbish and also possibly out with injury, I wonder if Owen will get his chance. It is rather strange he got benched straight after that CL hat-trick.

Owen's doing nothing to suggest he isn't finished. Another howler against Leeds there. On a plate and he trips over the ball. There's been a lot of pressure on Rooney this year, but I think he's doing brilliantly.

I like the Berb but ManYoo paid about 10 million too much for him. With Giggsy in the middle now, they need a left winger. In spite of Evra's efforts, they're not getting enough from that side. Once upon a time, they'd have just dropped 25 mill on Lennon or Ashley Young, but perhaps those days are gone.

Maybe he wants to leave ManYoo with more titles than Liverpool. Its the final accolade, I suppose. They're still well placed to go on and do it this season. A left winger, some fit defenders, and a bit more from Carrick would help though.

Burnley have just signed some manager who was sacked by a Championship side. It doesn't bode well.

I see Adebayor is back in an Arsenal shirt before Sol Campbell....