The FOOTBALL Thread (2009-2010)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange year it is turning out to be. No-one on really great form.

Imagine if one team had been on a run, the league would have been almost out of reach by now.

Quote:
Liverpool's hopes of salvaging their season have suffered a serious setback with key trio Steven Gerrard, Fernando Torres and Yossi Benayoun all being sidelined.

The club confirmed the three players, all injured in Wednesday's night's humiliating FA Cup loss to Reading, will be out for varying lengths of time up to six weeks.

Star striker Torres is the worst affected, ruled out until the end of February with a torn knee cartilage that will require surgery.

Inspirational captain Gerrard is out for a fortnight with a torn hamstring while Benayoun has fractured a rib and will not play again for around four weeks.

**** me.

And I was just beginning to think we had a good chance of winning the PL. wink

Best 3 outfield players down.

I am now hoping not to win anything, but that we can hang onto players for next season.

I still support Benitez, though my hand is wavering slightly.

Saturday, 16 January 2010

Chelsea v Sunderland

Everton v Man City

Man Utd v Burnley

Portsmouth v Birmingham

Stoke v Liverpool

Tottenham v Hull

Wolverhampton v Wigan

Oh no, Burnley doh

And pool must be crapping themselves

Quote:
The FA has confirmed that, for the first time since 1966, there will be no official song to mark England's World Cup campaign in South Africa.

According to an FA spokesman, the England management "want to be fully focused on the football".

Several unofficial anthems have been rumoured, including a reworking of 1990's World in Motion by New Order.

Peter Hook, co-author of World in Motion, said an anthem was not a distraction and "enhanced patriotism".

Hook was the bassist in New Order, whose members wrote World in Motion.

He told the BBC that the band members were not big football fans at the time of writing the World Cup song but it helped them get behind the team.

"I don't think it took people's minds off things," he said. "If anything, I think it focussed you more."

The 2006 World Cup song, World At Your Feet by Embrace, charted at number three after a lukewarm response.

UK punk singer Jimmy Pursey, frontman of Sham 69, who recorded their own World Cup song the same year, branded Embrace's track "embarrassing".

There were also efforts from Tony Christie and Crazy Frog.

The previous World Cup song, in 2002 was recorded by TV presenters Ant and Dec.

In 1998, The Spice Girls sang (How Does It Feel To Be) On Top Of The World, written by Echo and the Bunnymen frontman Ian McCulloch.

veryshocked

Yuck Ronaldo looks like he's made of plastic there.

No thanks. That's just way overboard.

I'm amazed he hasn't started plastering his body with tattoos yet. Or perhaps he wants to be the odd one out. The amazing UnTattooed Footballer!

4 games on tonight, not too late. Wine in fridge.

åˆå›ž 1月16æ—¥ (土) 生中継 後09:39 Ch.308 J sports Plus

åˆå›ž 1月16æ—¥ (土) 生中継 後11:54 Ch.308 J sports Plus

åˆå›ž 1月16æ—¥ (土) 生中継 後11:54 Ch.307 J sports 2

åˆå›ž 1月16æ—¥ (土) 生中継 æ·±02:24 Ch.307 J sports 2