The FOOTBALL Thread (2009-2010)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And in other news:

Barcelona have made their move and Arsenal have responded with a firm but fair 'sod off'. 'We received an offer from Barcelona for Cesc and in response, we immediately and resolutely told them once again that we have no intention of selling our captain,' say the Gunners. They have ruled out any further discussion.

It will be truly sad if he goes. sadface

Overheard last night

---

- Here Rafa, take £3m and just get the hell out of here. Please.

- But my contract is worth £20m, pay me that.

- We can't, you've spent all our money on shit players and won **** all so we've nothing left.

- OK I stay.

- Please please please go.

- No.

- OK, you can stay, but we don't really want you. Every day you come to work expect to see us wave an angry fist at you.

- Gives me £40m to buy Bobby Zamora and Nigel Reo Coker, and everything will be OK.

- Please **** off.

But the mirror (yes, I know) has this

Rafa Benitez’s Anfield reign is over.

The Liverpool manager was sacked last night, after the club board came to the decision he had lost the dressing room.

Player power proved his downfall after several of the Reds’ biggest stars, including Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher, made clear their loss of faith in the manager.

Some had even stated privately that they would leave if Benitez stayed.

Benitez, who is on holiday in Sardinia, was hanging on only to negotiate his payoff. He has a £16million clause in his contract that must be paid in full if he is dismissed, and the only detail left to be finalised late last night was just how much of that money he would receive.

Hopefully he won't accept it and it will become this horrible mess.

Ideas for new manangment:

AVRAM GRANT!!

Or, where's Sven these days?

I suspect it won't be over that quickly.

We shall see!

I think Sven's off shagging somewhere. And getting paid millions for it.

Quote:
Benitez, who is on holiday in Sardinia, was hanging on only to negotiate his payoff. He has a £16million clause in his contract that must be paid in full if he is dismissed, and the only detail left to be finalised late last night was just how much of that money he would receive.

you gotta love football clubs! Chairmen agree to clauses like this then want to negotiate how much they will pay....eh well....all of it thank you very much!! Wish I was a shite football manager!

There was an interesting feature about Brian Glanville, UK footie journalist, on NHK just a minute ago. Seems like its tons of footy docs and so on on for the next few weeks smile

Nice one bobby.

---

Quote:
News of Benitez’s impending departure has sparked outrage amongst a section of the club’s supporters and a protest is to be held at Anfield at 6pm today. Though opinon on the Spaniard is divided with some fans critical of the latter years of his reign and therfore happy that he is about to leave, others remain staunchly loyal to the man who helped Liverpool to win their fifth European Cup.

Apparently some United fans going as well to show their support for Rafa.

lol