The FOOTBALL Thread (2009-2010)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiring Spanish media but

Quote:
Real Madrid are close to signing Steven Gerrard and Maicon, according to Spanish media reports.

Sports daily Marca had a picture of Liverpool captain Gerrard on its front page on Wednesday, with the headline "Warm, Warm."

It sure is going to be interesting to see how Liverpool shape up for the beginning of the next season.

No decent replacements lined up for Benetiz I see.

Dalglish - he would be stupid to risk his prestige position and god-like reverance by coming back into managers role and flopping (as is likely).

Hodgson - the sun shines on every dogs arse once in a while. really hope we do not go for him.

mark hughes - has been consistently good, but i dont think he is quite in the class we want.

Originally Posted By: bobby12
Hodgson - the sun shines on every dogs arse once in a while. really hope we do not go for him.

Sounds like a good choice then. wink

Reports of Chelsea stepping up trying to get Torres.

Sven has raised his hand for the job, saying he is a lifelong liverpool fan.

God...help...us...

Hiddink has ruled himself out but someone like that is what we need.

I was going to say Scholari would be good, then I remembered he actually came to the PL and lasted about 2 weeks at Chelski.

Quote:
Kenny Dalglish has put himself forward for the Liverpool manager's job after telling the Anfield hierarchy that he wishes to withdraw from the selection panel.

Fail? Or not?