The FOOTBALL Thread (2009-2010)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool:

Reina, Johnson, Insua, Carragher, Agger, Mascherano, Lucas, Aurelio, Benayoun, Kuyt, Torres.

[No Gerrard]

United:

VDS, O'shea, Vidic, Ferds, Evra, Valencia, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs, Rooney, Berbatov

Yes.... here's the details. You signed back on to sky tubs?

25 Reina

02 Johnson

05 Agger

12 Aurelio

22 Insua

23 Carragher

15 Benayoun

20 Mascherano

21 Lucas

09 Torres

18 Kuyt

Substitutes

01 Cavalieri, 27 Degen, 37 Skrtel, 26 Spearing, 10 Voronin, 19 Babel, 24 Ngog

Man Utd

01 Van der Sar

03 Evra

05 Ferdinand

15 Vidic

22 O'Shea

11 Giggs

16 Carrick

18 Scholes

25 Valencia

09 Berbatov

10 Rooney

Substitutes

12 Foster, 02 Neville, 20 Fabio Da Silva, 23 Evans, 08 Anderson, 17 Nani, 07 Owen

Get on it TB!!

I don't think a Liverpool win would be a shock. This is Anfield, as they say. And last year they whoooped United. I would think it's not going to be an easy game for United.

Predictably enough, in the wake of last weekend's beachball-abetted Sunderland winner against Liverpool, the stewards at Anfield are being kept busy this afternoon. Giant red inflatables are already raining down on to the pitch from the away end. It's childish, it's predictable and ... it's funny.

lol

Sky Sports have just broadcast an interview with Jamie Carragher, in which he spoke of the huge psychological boost a win today would give Liverpool. Listening to the most Scouse man in the world say the word "psychologically", with those two hard k-sounds in the middle of it, was quite worrying. I thought he was going to choke.

lol

lol

Guardian commentaries are sometimes more fun than the games themselves!!

Lucas will only get a yellow card if he brings a knife or gun on and uses it. Even then, he might get away with it. Ref is waaaaaaaaaay out of his league and feeling the pressure no doubt about it.

Torres is such a big girly diver, it's frustrating.

Liverpool are going to get a penalty because a United player dares to go within a metre of him. I can see it happening.

It's weird, I felt there was a really good chance we were going to lose before the game. It was similar to last year. We could have stretched out a really big lead - we go there and play as if we don't care.

wakaranai

Got to laugh at the media though. Liverpool "had no chance" of the title before the game and are right back in it now after winning one.

lol

2-0 BOO-YA!!!

Some worrying items came out of it though:

- Ngog looks like he has had a lobotomy or something, after he scored he didn't know what to do.

- Masche sent off, it'll be good to see more of Spearing but I think we will struggle now unless Gerrard gets fit in time to replace him.

- After a great start, Glen Johnson has been total pants the last 4 games or so.

- We are a 2 man team, can you imagine Ngog or Kuyt scoring the Torres goal?

Interesting comment by Fergie (whinging edited out) about Carragher being Liverpools best player:

"The most controversial decision was Carragher bringing down Michael Owen...if Carragher goes off, he is their best player and their captain."

Does he really rate him above Torres?