The FOOTBALL Thread (2009-2010)

That was a thriller. Owen suddenly become rather popular I think!

groovy

Quote:
City boss Mark Hughes has demanded an explanation from the referee after United striker Michael Owen settled the Manchester derby in the 96th minute.

Substitute Owen slotted past Shay Given to seal a thrilling 4-3 win for United, despite the fourth official having indicated just four extra minutes.

"We need an explanation because I don't know why the referee has added that amount of time on," said Hughes.

OK I will explain, Mark.

The sign went up for a "minimum of 4 minutes" and just then Bellamy scored.

Celebrations so that adds time.

Then Mr Fergie had the wisdom to make a substitution, very probably to add time.

That added time.

Then Owen scored.

That also added time.

Understand?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it was certainly an action packed game with lots of talking points. In the end, United did deserve to win. Their keeper really is lacking confidence though, when is VDS back?

About that extra time. I rewatched it. The 4 minutes board was up before Bellamys goal which was just a few seconds befor 90. Not sure where that 4 minutes came from but I presume there being 4 goals and 3 subs in the 2nd half.

So the 4 minutes is there. Then there was the goal and some rather happy celebrations and the United sub. So seems fair to me, with Owens goal at about 95 mins 30 seconds.

And anyway, both teams play extra time - not as if it's extra time just for United. The stats of the game are heavily in United favour, they deserved to win.

But I hope they lose next.

Oh yes by the way, Chelsea on top

1 Chelsea 6 3 0 0 8 1 3 0 0 7 2 12 18

2 Man Utd 6 3 0 0 7 4 2 0 1 8 2 9 15

3 Liverpool 6 2 0 1 9 3 2 0 1 7 6 7 12

4 Man City 5 2 0 0 5 2 2 0 1 6 4 5 12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Aston Villa 5 2 0 1 4 2 2 0 0 4 1 5 12

6 Tottenham 6 2 0 1 5 5 2 0 1 7 5 2 12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Arsenal 5 2 0 0 8 1 1 0 2 9 7 9 9

8 Sunderland 6 2 0 1 7 5 1 0 2 2 4 0 9

9 Burnley 6 3 0 0 5 1 0 0 3 0 9 -5 9

10 Stoke 6 2 0 1 4 2 0 2 1 1 5 -2 8

11 Birmingham 6 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 2 2 3 -1 7

12 Wolverhampton 6 1 1 1 3 4 1 0 2 2 4 -3 7

13 Everton 5 2 0 1 6 7 0 0 2 1 3 -3 6

14 Fulham 5 1 0 1 2 3 1 0 2 2 4 -3 6

15 Wigan 6 1 0 2 1 6 1 0 2 3 6 -8 6

16 West Ham 5 0 0 2 3 5 1 1 1 2 1 -1 4

17 Bolton 5 0 1 2 3 5 1 0 1 3 3 -2 4

18 Blackburn 5 1 1 1 3 3 0 0 2 1 5 -4 4

19 Hull 6 1 0 2 2 6 0 1 2 3 7 -8 4

20 Portsmouth 6 0 0 3 2 5 0 0 3 1 7 -9 0

In the initial post this is the line up for next weekend

Birmingham v Bolton, 15:00

Blackburn v Aston Villa, 15:00

Fulham v Arsenal, 15:00

Liverpool v Hull, 15:00

Man City v West Ham, 15:00

Portsmouth v Everton, 15:00

Stoke v Man Utd, 15:00

Sunderland v Wolverhampton, 15:00

Tottenham v Burnley, 15:00

Wigan v Chelsea, 15:00

So pie-eater, looks like it's up to your guys to do the job on Chelsea.

Originally Posted By: thursday
City, a team of thugs

craig_bellamy_1485528c.jpg

"Hold him down boys, let me thump him one"

haha closed hand my arse!!
Bellamy is a poison dwarf, I hate him!! angry but he is a good player and fans shouldn't be on the pitch so he deserves what he got
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
.....and fans shouldn't be on the pitch so he deserves what he got

Who? The fan or Bellamy? I presume you mean the fan.

Going back to that other discussion a few weeks ago. Bellamy is not only bound by the rules of the country but also the rules of the game. The fan on the other hand is bound by the rules of the country and not the rules of the game. If Bellamy had any sense, or incling of professionalism, he would have walked away and ignored the idiotic fan. But he has neither of those and chose to slap the fan. So, bring on the punishment I say. Ha ha!

TB, do you think footie players should be able to do whatever the heck they want to do when out there on the pitch? I don't quite understand where you're coming from on this. Perhaps they could take a gun or other weapon out there?
Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
.....and fans shouldn't be on the pitch so he deserves what he got

Who? The fan or Bellamy? I presume you mean the fan.

Going back to that other discussion a few weeks ago. Bellamy is not only bound by the rules of the country but also the rules of the game. The fan on the other hand is bound by the rules of the country and not the rules of the game. If Bellamy had any sense, or incling of professionalism, he would have walked away and ignored the idiotic fan. But he has neither of those and chose to slap the fan. So, bring on the punishment I say. Ha ha!

TB, do you think footie players should be able to do whatever the heck they want to do when out there on the pitch? I don't quite understand where you're coming from on this. Perhaps they could take a gun or other weapon out there?

Eh....no! But if someone attacked you at your work I think you are perfectly within your rights to thump him one as well.

I think if you re-read my post you'll notice that I didn't say that I thought Bellamy should be let off, just that the fan got what he deserved, so i don't know where you're coming from thinking I think that players should be able to take guns or weapons onto the field

Well to quote your fine self 'if you re-read my post' you might see that I wasn't 'thinking that you think that players should be able to take guns or weapons on the field'.

confused

Anyway that line of banter is getting tired, so I will officially retire from it.

wave

Quote:
Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has admitted he was surprised to get a hostile reception from the Manchester United fans during Sunday's derby at Old Trafford.

Tevez spent two successful seasons with the Red Devils before crossing the city in the summer.

But the Argentine was roundly booed throughout City's 4-3 defeat at his former home ground and was thought to be the target for a missle that struck team-mate Javier Garrido as the sides left the field at half-time.

Tevez is actually really really quite thick isn't he. You know, more than the usual thicko footballer.