The FOOTBALL Thread (2009-2010)

ooohh nice one!! :tut:

Just talk it up guys, I hear England are gonna win it this time.... wink

Congrats to England for making it, we blew it a long time ago, not good enough, Burley should be shot. At least it gives me an interest in next years extravaganza, I'll have loads of teams to support! smile

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I think Burnley need to win tomorrow.

In other news

Quote:
Carlos Tevez will undergo intensive treatment at Manchester City over the coming week in a bid to overcome a knee injury in time for a potentially-explosive return to Manchester United on Sept 20 when he once again pland to run around like a hopeless and headless chicken. He then once again went on to blame Ferguson for just about everything

Idiot. Scaredy-pants. I hope he does play actually, and just does what he did for us... run around a lot.

Just thinking again about the ban on chelsea doing transfers.

I think that gives their players good bargaining power. All players with contracts ending in the next 6-12 months can just say "gimme 20% pay rise or I'm walking when my contract ends." Chelsea cant replace them so they would have to succumb.

I was thinking that too. Can players leave, and Chelsea get money for the transfer sell, if they want to leave? So it's just for players coming in? confused

Seen this this morning

Quote:
Manchester City are paying an astonishing £47 million fee to Carlos Tévez’s private “owners†in a move that obliterates the British transfer record. The deal makes the Argentina striker the fifth most expensive footballer of all time.

City’s billionaire Arab owners have agreed to pay almost twice the £25.5 million fee widely reported to have changed hands, The Times can reveal. An initial £15 million payment is to be followed by two additional sums of £16 million.

Another £3.5 million will be paid if City win the Champions League while Tévez is at the club — an improbable scenario, but Sheikh Mansour has already shown the lengths to which he is prepared to go to transform the club from perennial underachievers into contenders for the biggest prizes.

One of the Sheikh’s first moves when he took over 12 months ago was to smash the British transfer record by paying Real Madrid £34.2 million for Robinho, the Brazil forward.

How f'ing ridiculous is that.

Not long to go some good games on this weekend.

Recent quote from Fat Frank

"I'm wary of falling into the trap where people ask if you can win it, you say you can, and then expectations rise. Of course we can, though".

doh

Commentator:

"I'm pleased to see United have chosen such an offensive side today" (!)

lol

Going to be a difficult one this.

All those goals earlier on as well. Whats with City looking good. That Abedayor guy is..... dirty. Don't like him at all, however good a player he is.

Our game was fun to watch, if they could all be as comfy as that.

Adeboyer sure has some sour grapes against the arse hey?

League table:

Code:
 Team        P GD PTS 1 Chelsea   5 9 15 2 Man Utd   5 8 12 3 Man City  4 6 12 4 Tottenham 5 5 12 5 Liverpool 5 6 9 

.. I'm not loving it. Man City worry me.

Originally Posted By: scouser
Not long to go some good games on this weekend.

Recent quote from Fat Frank

"I'm wary of falling into the trap where people ask if you can win it, you say you can, and then expectations rise. Of course we can, though".

doh

this should go in Doh! quotes thread!! lol

City pumped the Arse last night......Liverpool pumped Burnley (sorry Stem) sounds like there were a few good games, pity I was too drunk to see any of them!!

Bad start but we looked pretty good for most of that.

One thing I noticed last night watching 3 games.....

There's so many football players now with these tattoo 'sleeves' is that what they are called? They just look so unbelievably awful, just don't get it.

Perhaps that's what my reaction is supposed to be... just horrible, it actually repulses me.

Here's Becks, he used to have such a lovely looking body not it's just an awful mess

david-beckham-sleeve.jpg

35377_2.jpg

Can't remember where I read it, but yesterday read that "City were going to be in for a striker crisis" if Abedayor is banned for a few games. What?!? Don't they have a full teams worth of strikers?

Can't believe I'm saying it, but didn't Bellamy play well.