2012: Galactic Alignment. End of the world. (Scary!)

I have just watched an entertaining but utterly ridiculous programme on the History Channel called 2012. Apparently, the world will end in 2012. Because of some kind of "galactic alignment", Nostrodamus simple pictures of fish and other symbols with absurb links to real events, global warming, the credit crunch and perhaps even the tea leaves in Grammy Smiths cup. 2 hours long it was, but it was stangely compelling.

If anyone has History Channel check it out when they repeat it. (Didn't History Channel used to do proper programmes?)

(PS The end of the world is on December 21st 2012, so we got most of the year and the beginning of the ski season to enjoy before it all ends)

For a laugh I have just been looking round for info and found these shocking 2012 "Possibilities" ( lol )

Human

Flu Pandemic

Nuclear War / WW3 / Biological War

Large Hadron Collider

Nanotechnology

Religious Apocalypse

Nuclear Accident

Rise of the Machines

Genetic Modification

Time Travel Error

From Space

Nearby Supernova

Explosion from the black hole at the center of our galaxy - read about how something similar could have caused the recent tsunami

Gamma Ray Burst (GRB)

Asteroid/Meteor/Comet

Coronal Mass Ejection (CRE) from our Sun

Cosmic Rays

Solar System Falls Apart (butterfly effect)

Alien Invasion

From Earth

Magnetic Pole Shift

Crustal Pole Shift

Supervolcano - ie Yellowstone

Ice Age

Global Warming

Apparently these are some the "lost Nostrodamus drawing" that tell us all about the end of the world. (No sniggering please).

I wish I could remember how they interpretted it all, but it was suitably preposterous.

image68.jpg

Here's one thing I kind of remember - a man holding a sword making an S shape. If we stand in a clear place on a hot summer night, the milky way makes an s-shape across the sky. He's telling us there's a club destroying the tree of life.

So now you know!

Plate70.jpg

Anyone care to make any other educated interpretations? wink

Originally Posted By: brit-gob
I have just watched an entertaining but utterly ridiculous programme on the History Channel called 2012. Apparently, the world will end in 2012. Because of some kind of "galactic alignment", Nostrodamus simple pictures of fish and other symbols with absurb links to real events, global warming, the credit crunch and perhaps even the tea leaves in Grammy Smiths cup. 2 hours long it was, but it was stangely compelling.

If anyone has History Channel check it out when they repeat it. (Didn't History Channel used to do proper programmes?)

(PS The end of the world is on December 21st 2012, so we got most of the year and the beginning of the ski season to enjoy before it all ends)

Well at least my 32nd birthday party will go with a bang!! Its december 21st 2012!! lol
I've seen that same programme, its been replayed on the history channel and Discovery channel for the past couple of years. Even the ancient mayans, Chinese, Native American and Innuit people agree that the end of the world is in 2012....they couldn't say that world was round, but god dammit they all agree when it'll end!! lol

I'm thinking TB, looks like Nostradamus predicted that YOU are the Antichrist.

Evidence - your face on his drawing (below), with a WHEEL above it and three Pacmen underneath... AND your birthday on that date veryshocked

Plate70.jpg

I personally thought its the premonition of the gold medal that I am gonna win at the London Olympics 2012 that is gonna bring the world of sport (and so the fabric of life itself) into disrepute!! Then a giant Prawn is gonna eat my ear

There's a slight discrepancy there. Nostrodamus predicted the antichrist would rise from the sea in 2012 and go by the internet alias of Tubby Marmot not Tubby Beaver. He might have just missed the mark a bit. Can't say for sure.

Nostradamus was a tripper... he probably ate moldy rye bread

They said the word was going to end in '79 or '89 but it's still going..

it's quite remarkable it didn't end when the Bushs were around ...

Originally Posted By: stemik
i wish the world would end after winter and not before.

But it WILL BE!! After the "real" winter in the Southern Hemisphere, that is!

dance dance cheers
  • 4 months later...
Quote:
Disaster movie 2012 inspired panic in the States with Nasa having to reassure Americans that the world wasn't about to end.

When Columbia Pictures launched a marketing campaign for 2012 – the latest disaster movie from serial Earth molester Roland Emmerich, where the planet, played by America, is set for impending doom – they didn't do it by halves.

First, there was a teaser trailer showing a tsunami crashing over the Himalayas. The Earth was going to end in 2012, it said, and the world's governments aren't doing enough to prepare us. Search "2012", it said, for "the truth" (the "truth" turned out to be over 1,000 real websites and 175 real books obsessed with 2012 as the end of time).

Then, there was a fake website – the "Institute for Human Continuity" – which consisted of a screen stating that for 25 years they'd been assessing threats to the continuation of mankind, and the results were in.

The "odds of global destruction" in 2012 had been confirmed at 94% (goodbye mortgage) and "to ensure your chance of survival, register for the lottery". In other words, it was a web campaign that seemed to say: "Look, the end of time might actually be coming, so enjoy a film about it why you still can, yeah?"

Many didn't get the joke. Tens of thousands from all over the world panicked, called Nasa, wrote letters – couldn't they do some saving of people too?

lol