Nutters - Part 3423: Naked hikers

_45704176_nakedhikerinsnow.jpg

The tiny Swiss canton of Appenzell Innerrhoden has voted to prohibit the phenomenon of naked hiking.

Anyone found wandering the Alps wearing nothing but a sturdy pair of hiking boots will now be fined.

Appenzell is considered one of the most conservative regions of Switzerland, it only gave women the vote in 1990.

Locals have been outraged by an apparent upsurge of hikers who think the best way to appreciate the mountains is with their clothes off.

The vote was taken with a show of hands at Appenzell's annual Landsgemeinde; an open air meeting of all registered voters in the town square.

Appenzell is one of only two Swiss cantons which still decides local government policy in this way.

There was a big majority in favour of prohibiting naked hiking, and introducing fines of Sfr 200 ($175).

"I think it's disgraceful," said one elderly gentleman. "God may have created us naked, but he gave us clothes to walk around in."

"It's just not right," said a woman. "Not at all appropriate for our country."

Interestingly, however, no one actually seems to have seen a naked hiker.

"No, I've never seen one," said a local farmer. "Thank goodness, because if I had they would certainly have got a piece of my mind."

Hiker disappointment

Among naked hikers themselves, there is disappointment at what they see as an over reaction to an innocent hobby which disturbs no one.

_45429018_-5.jpg

naked.jpg

Naked+Hiker.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Recommended for German nudy hikers, the perfect hotel to stay

ST_Travel_248278h.jpg

It will be the most German of combinations: nudity and beach towels. After decades of sunbathing and camping in the buff, the legions of Teutonic naturists are about to get their very own holiday heaven — a completely clothing-free hotel.

The Hotel Rosengarten, in the aptly named Black Forest town of Freudenstadt (“Town of Joysâ€), will mark a new frontier for the homeland of Freikörperkultur (FKK), meaning “free body cultureâ€. A handful of German hotels have accommodated naturists up to now, but the management at Rosengarten plan to take a hardline anti-apparel stance.

That is where the beach towels come in. Even before the hotel opens strict house rules have been published, among them the stipulations that all guests must be naked at all times, and all must put towels on chairs and loungers before using them. Lest anyone get the wrong idea, it is also made clear that there is to be strictly no sexual harassment of fellow guests and no smutty behaviour in communal areas. Those who disobey will have to put on the ultimate badge of nudist dishonour — clothing — and leave.

Frieder Haferkorn, the naturist behind the plan, said: “We hope that all kinds of people will come to the hotel, including families, and we are building a playground in the hotel grounds.

lol

Originally Posted By: Curt
.......including families, and we are building a playground in the hotel grounds....

- well I hope the plastic slide has a shade cover coz I remember burning my butt sliding down a a slippery dip in summer as a child - and I had undies and shorts on!!!

Opression!

Getting naked out in the wild should be our right & encouraged globally.

Mmmm.. blackberry bush.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

A court case over the question of whether people are allowed to hike naked is set to begin in Switzerland.

It is the first case since the eastern Swiss canton of Appenzell introduced a new public order law last year, which permits naked hikers to be fined.

The case centres on an appeal from a man who was fined for rambling while naked.

Canton Appenzell has become a popular destination for those who like to hike without clothes.

[ lol ]

But the local population is deeply unhappy about it.

The case centres on an appeal from a man who was fined for rambling while naked.

Canton Appenzell has become a popular destination for those who like to hike without clothes.

lol