Absolutely disgusting 'food' from around the world

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Macca is disgusting ... Anyways, it's one of those meat ...

Is there meat in them? I thought they were the original "plastic mac". pretend meat in plastic buns with cr@p extras.
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

River Cottage. I was impressed when Hugh managed that medieval feast of 12 poultry stuffed inside one another. That's 12 starting with quail ann ending in turkey. I'd love to taste that bird.

• 2 months later...
Originally Posted By: thursday
actually, not true. Macs have a reputation for good beef apparently.

I have to say, they do taste OK from my recent binges of double quarter pounders.

Why don't they call them a half pounder?

ooh, ooh Mr Mc Donald I have invented a new product - please send all royalties to me.
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Kids in school did experiments recently with perishables and mould growth. They brought in different types of bread - including a macca's burger (for the novelty) and let them sit for days/ weeks checking mould growth and recording it.

The macca's burger was the only one that did not grow mould in the time they examined it. Some breads went mouldy real quick others slower - possibly related to preservative content, also possibly related to the cleanliness of slicing equipment.

I bet your average thick-sliced Japanese bread would beat that. That stuff is still soft after a week!
  • 4 months later...
Originally Posted By: Go Native
Yeah I've never quite understood the rabid Aussie dislike of Maccas. Anyway here in Japan most love it and you can go without being made to feel like you're in cohorts with the Devil.

Anyway here's a must have book for the more adventurous palates out there

51KYK32D84L._SS500_.jpg

A book. On eating insects?! lol
Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Kids in school did experiments recently with perishables and mould growth. They brought in different types of bread - including a macca's burger (for the novelty) and let them sit for days/ weeks checking mould growth and recording it.

The macca's burger was the only one that did not grow mould in the time they examined it. Some breads went mouldy real quick others slower - possibly related to preservative content, also possibly related to the cleanliness of slicing equipment.

I bet your average thick-sliced Japanese bread would beat that. That stuff is still soft after a week!

I noticed that. Scary.
I arrived home in Perth to two packs of lovely grainy oat bread that my Mum left for us - both sporting a lovely green mould within 3 days!! shifty
Originally Posted By: Mantas
At least with slug, bugs and insects etc. you know EXACTLY what your eating.

The same can't be said for Maccas.

sure you do....the adverts say 100% pure beef! smile

Roasted over HiBatchi.

It was popular in the old days, in the living room there were huge ceramic bowls willed with ash and charcoal burning in the middle. It was use for heat, brewing tea, lighting up a pipe, cooking snacks and such.