Originally Posted By: Go Native
It's just I'm planning a mountaineering trip with some friends to climb a 7,500m peak in China next year so it's gotta be done. It'll be a good excuse to climb Youtei lots of times.

Mind if I ask which mountain, Mr Native??
Originally Posted By: Hotaka Scott
It's just I'm planning a mountaineering trip with some friends to climb a 7,500m peak in China next year so it's gotta be done. It'll be a good excuse to climb Youtei lots of times.

Mind if I ask which mountain, Mr Native??

Muztagh ata in far western China. Probably one of the easiest 7000m+ peaks to climb in terms of technical difficulty. We should be able to skin up most of the way and hopefully get some good turns on the way down.

Here's a pic of the mountain

MuztaghAta.jpg

And the route up we'll probably take

MuztaghAta_routemap.jpg

Only real dangerous area is between Camp 1 and Camp 2 where there is a bit of an icefall with numerous seracs and crevasses. The route though is well travelled and normally well marked.

Here's a pic of the mountain

MuztaghAta.jpg

And the route up we'll probably take

MuztaghAta_routemap.jpg

Only real dangerous area is between Camp 1 and Camp 2 where there is a bit of an icefall with numerous seracs and crevasses. The route though is well travelled and normally well marked.

FKNA - that's ballzy! Looking forward to the TR. Hope it all goes well for you.

Looks great that.

Been jogging a few times now and starting to feel a bit less, er, heavy. Well at least it is getting a bit less difficult. A good shock is always good to encourage you to get back on track.