5:48 mile the other day when I was with my track and field kids at spring camp. It wasnt pretty, nor is it anything to write home about, but after not running for months, and not having done any speed workouts in ???, I was psyched to be under 6 mins. Hoping to get down to 4 mins this year if I can train with my kids twice/week. Logged 40 kilometers last week. Havent done that much in quite some time too.

Spring is here in Kansai, and looking forward to getting to the gym tonight, and out on my mtn bike soon!! coolmirrors

I got to my local combini yesterday in less than 10mins (it's a couple of hundred m's away). It wasn't pretty with a smoke hanging out of my mouth the whole way. But after a night at karaoke and nomi hodai I was psyched to make it without puking. The iced coffee and cheesburger made the hard work all worthwhile. Logged at least 10 burgers during the last week, haven't done that few in quite some time.

Spring is here and looking forward to my first BBQ! razz

Originally Posted By: boardbaka
I thought a sub 4 min mile was an olympic thing - maybe CB - maybe not ?

it is, but I would just like to break 5 mins this year which isnt too hard of a thing to do since I ran a sub 4 1500 in college grandpa
Originally Posted By: Go Native
I got to my local combini yesterday in less than 10mins (it's a couple of hundred m's away). It wasn't pretty with a smoke hanging out of my mouth the whole way. But after a night at karaoke and nomi hodai I was psyched to make it without puking. The iced coffee and cheesburger made the hard work all worthwhile. Logged at least 10 burgers during the last week, haven't done that few in quite some time.

haha I think we have the same personal trainer GN!!!
Originally Posted By: thursday
I can down the first pint in 20 seconds. The next in 2 minutes, the third in 5 mins after that. The fourth in another 5. So, that's a 12 minute 20sec yard.

lol
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Originally Posted By: Go Native

haha I think we have the same personal trainer GN!!!

very funny!
I can down the first pint in 20 seconds. The next in 2 minutes, the third in 5 mins after that. The fourth in another 5. So, that's a 12 minute 20sec yard.

I recommend you get your interval time down, thats a long break there
GN, you sound like a real fat bastard.

I am a fat, drinking, smoking and all round unfit bastard and loving it! Life's too short (probably be really short for me) to deny yourself the simple pleasures party

I'm in pretty bad shape compared to when I was in Uni. I still have the endurance but I really have to pace my self. I can't get through a pint in any less than ten minutes. And as far as smoking goes, I quit cigs a long time ago and never touch the wacky stuff over here.

Well I have put on too much weight over the last 3 months. Had a few stresses and didn't do much exercise as well as eating a lot. Doh.

So, I'm back in that situation where I plan to slim down for summer.

Starting today, with less food eaten and almost daily exercise. Going out jogging tonight, and I will undoubtedly be shocked at how out of shape I am.

The Orange needs to change shape to look more like the banana huh?

This thread has made me realise I am starting to live like GN - a party loving pisspot! LOL <high five to GN>....BUT ... I need to get on a fitness programme ready for tackling my two ski trips in July and August - so after Saturday NO MORE BOOZE! (yeah right, who am I kidding).... LESS booze.

I am planning to get in shape over the next 12 months and give up smoking (at least for awhile) but it has nothing to do with me actually caring about my health or how I look (I've never cared about that stuff). It's just I'm planning a mountaineering trip with some friends to climb a 7,500m peak in China next year so it's gotta be done. It'll be a good excuse to climb Youtei lots of times.

GN, you never know, you might get to feel better for the efforts, too! Good luck with it, Do I feel a TR coming on?

Mate there have been times when I've been extremely fit previously (have climbed some other big peaks in my time) and there are times like now when I'm not. Never really cared one way or the other. I get fit generally only with a specific purpose in mind. Have never really enjoyed exercising on an ongoing basis just for the sake of it and absolutely can't stand going to gyms. I despise narcissists and gyms are usually full of them.

I am certainly goal driven as well GN. If I have a finite tangible short term goal I can be amazngly dedicated to fitness training and diet. But for long term lifestyle stuff I just cant do it.

Trick is for me to dangle enough regular carrots that require high levels of fitness for the rest of my life - then I might get my act together! LOL

I gather GNs 'goal' is not a means to get in shape but rather getting in shape is a means to acheive the goal. Ie. He doesn't give a shit about being in shape, he just wants to climb the mountian.