• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This year I thought I would create a special "Cheese at Resorts" Gallery.   At the moment, myself along with Cheesewoman, Cheesegirl and Cheeseboy are at Nozawa Onsen in Nagano. Lovely place, but

A tale of 4 baby cheeses - Pt 1   I heard a small voice calling to me from the convini at Furano, it sounded like it was coming from a 4 pack of baby cheese. The cheese asked me for a ride to the s

Ok, the Horuyoi I understand coz you must have had a chick along... but the Nodogoshi? Wtf, I thought only homeless dudes drank that!! And, aren't those cans a little small for proper hanami viewing

You may well remember the twin brothers Adam the Edam and Adam the Edam.

Well, they also have a younger, more orange-y brother called Adam the Edam.

I took him to Ishiuchi Maruyama this morning

gallery_6744_84_157077.jpg

Did you know Park Lane spelled backwards is Enal Krap and Trafalgar backwards is Raglafart?

hahha.. never mind me, I'm just going insane waiting for my holiday on Friday (Coming across from Aus.) I'll be sure to take the cheese...

Did you know Park Lane spelled backwards is Enal Krap and Trafalgar backwards is Raglafart?

hahha.. never mind me, I'm just going insane waiting for my holiday on Friday (Coming across from Aus.) I'll be sure to take the cheese...

Take a Bega with you Sci

Salami-iri Baby Cheese wants to be a smoked cheese when he grows up:

gallery_10844_84_89936.jpg

Don't do it Baby Cheese -- it'll stunt your growth.

Salami-iri Baby Cheese finds a new avocation: Chee-Navi. Chee-Navi starts leading us home from Grandeco:

gallery_10844_84_130906.jpg

Salami-iri Baby Cheese (aka Chee-Navi) checking out the ice fishers on Lake Onogawa, Kitashiobara, Fukushima:

gallery_10844_84_128478.jpg

Chee-Navi helpfully pointing out the location of Inawashiro ski area, obscured as it is by clouds, power lines, and miscellaneous signage:

gallery_10844_84_91723.jpg

Chee-Navi attempting to point out the location of Listel Ski Fantasia. Wiper Boy insists on getting in on the act. Not helpful, Wiper Boy:

gallery_10844_84_58485.jpg

Chee-Navi pointing out the swan tunnel that will take us away from the town of Inawashiro:

gallery_10844_84_46668.jpg

A tale of 4 baby cheeses - Pt 1

I heard a small voice calling to me from the convini at Furano, it sounded like it was coming from a 4 pack of baby cheese. The cheese asked me for a ride to the ski field. I asked the cheese, "are you narly enough?" the cheese responded, we are knarlier than you!". How could i refuse a 4 pack of knarly cheese?

I took 2 of the cheeses to Furano zone with me. One of the cheeses kept talking up foil as the replacement for gore-tex, far superior he reckoned. The other cheese said, "I am too narly for technical outerwear, I will hike naked in the snow." I tried to talk him out of it but he wouldn't budge.

CIMG0469

CIMG0467

cheese

Unfortunately, the narly naked - hiking cheese quickly succumbed to exposure. I made sure that the body was properly disposed of.

The other 3 baby cheeses were distraught, but this did not stop them getting the bus to Rusutsu with me. They were too upset to ride on the first 2 days, so i left them in the fridge.

I came back from my second day of riding in Rusutsu, to find that Furano Fox, who also got a ride with us, had gotten into the fridge.

CIMG0820

CIMG0818

CIMG0825

Down to 2 baby cheeses now. Stay tuned, we are going tree riding tommorow, will the 2 cheeses survive?

• Like 1

How was Hakkai, man?

From what I remember, as I am slightly drunk right now, it was good but more of a skier place. I wanted to do the advanced runs; however; they had already had moguls cut into them by skiers.

The 前倉 course was great fun though. I think it is only open on Saturdays and holidays though. Nice and wide with some good snow conditions today.

The main issue with this place, as my review tomorrow will say, is getting to/fro from the resort as it involves a train, albeit with great views, from Echigo Yuzawa, and a bus, which costs 510yen one way if you are carrying your own stuff. And both are as infrequent as Tubby splashing the cash on others. ;)

Cracking on hill curry mind. It's all about the lunch time curry for me. ;)

How was Hakkai, man?

From what I remember, as I am slightly drunk right now, it was good but more of a skier place. I wanted to do the advanced runs; however; they had already had moguls cut into them by skiers.

The 前倉 course was great fun though. I think it is only open on Saturdays and holidays though. Nice and wide with some good snow conditions today.

The main issue with this place, as my review tomorrow will say, is getting to/fro from the resort as it involves a train, albeit with great views, from Echigo Yuzawa, and a bus, which costs 510yen one way if you are carrying your own stuff. And both are as infrequent as Tubby splashing the cash on others. ;)

Cracking on hill curry mind. It's all about the lunch time curry for me. ;)

:omg: THAT infrequent??!!

So Anpanman cheese wanted to take it easy, as it was his first trip to Muikmachi Hakkaisan.

Didn't realise he meant rakuraku easy:

Anpan man cheese at muikamachi hakkaisan

However, he had an accident, and lost his head falling off the lift. If he had worn a helmet, he might have survived:

Anpan man cheese at muikamachi hakkaisan