hey...gear question for yall

I need a new pair of boots...I could use my old pair 1 more season, but dont think that is a good idea...I am now on Head World Cup boots...

I would like to get a softer boot...something i can use in the pow without feeling like my shins have been in a vice....

I also would like something that can let me go all out on the groomers,ice and hardpack...

and how about something for when i want to try and do some pipe work...i am completely new to that but want to experiment a little...

so what do you think?? I tried on the salomon xr the other day and it seemed nice, but it was too hot in the shop to get any idea on the real stiffness of the boot...

what do you fellow skiers use now??

thanks!

danz

the salomom 1080 is a good all round boot.

also technicas freeride boot is pretty bang on.

also any our rachile boots at the stores are great. the flex is prefect as they flew they generate forces in the skis.

rossi is good but low fitting i think.

Raichle Felxon T's. Green ones.

Went from Nordica 85 to these and I am glad I did.

Took a while to get used the forward flexing of these babes, but they are a high perfomance car compared to my old ones. They have given me more confidence to attack jumps and powder. Certainly improved my game.

Had littel choice but these as me feet size (lengthwise) posed a problem and it was basically the Felxon's or bootless for last season.

Oh god, not boots again! I don't want to be thinking about boots... at least you guys have given some tips to check out, thanks. I wonder if I can find anything that will fit me properly this year? I will try Salomons first, cos I know someone working for Adidas/Salomon and can probably get a decent discount.... Might even be able to get a ladies boot my size....

Boots are both the best and worst thing in ski equipment. Absolutely necessary to have them fit right, and you never want to give them up when you find a pair that fits. That's why I ski in a pair of technica explosion 8's that have a major crack in 'em. I dread buying a new pair...

Good to know, ILiveToSki, thanks.

Hey, crazyski, the new technicas could be really great for you. Unfortunately Technicas are too roomy for my feet. I was trying to get a pair last season, but my feet were swimming in them.