Heard of this guy Satriani who is suing Coldplay for snatching his melody for their Vida La Vida Loca song. wink

Here:

What you reckon? Funny thing is, someone else has cropped up saying that Santriani nicked the melody from them. lol

Originally Posted By: its-a-clock
They do sound very similar to my non-musician ears. The big question though is why didn't they all copy something a bit more exciting than that?

Quite simply because Coldplay are for medium level dull people.

I downloaded that 'politic' CD (Actually, I think they spelled it 'politik' because they're so alternative) and decided I was right to not spend money on their cds. Just so 'easy listening'. I guess I'm breaking with the pop music critics on this one cause they've been really well recieved.

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Yes they do Tubby. And (when they are not mastered terrible like some these days) they sound much better than 95% of the mp3s people listen to.

What do you do? Download?

erm....no that is HIGHLY illegal.... shifty

I've had trouble paying for downlaods from foreign-based websites and stores like i-tunes with my Japanese credit card so I just go and downlaod it for free. I've also gone back and ordered physical cds after downloading stuff that I really liked.

Unless you only listen to the latest Radiohead album.

Perhaps karma will reinstate you as a musician in your next life TB. You will then look back on your previous self with some disdain perhaps.

I still buy CDs and enjoy doing so. Never bought a download yet and don't want to, inferior quality.