G'Day Ladies and Gents!

I hope this day finds you all well.

I got myself a new pair if goggles today and I want to get either some clear or yellow lenses. I really like clear lenses for night riding and when it's snowing. I haven't ever used yellow lenses and would like some feedback.

The little booklet i got with my goggles says that clear is only good for night riding and that yellow is good for low light / overcast days.

However, I would like some first hand info from you guys and gals.

Cheers.

Yellow helps bring out a bit more contrast on murky days in flat light. This helps you see bumps etc. If you are only getting one lens there is now way I would get clear. On a sunny day your eyes will be scorched and shrivel up like little raisins.

have you ever tried pink/rose tint? a mate of mine has pink/red lenses in his bolles, they seem to define everything really well, especially in low light. i like them

anyone prefer or recomend against certain brands?

The current lenses are gold so I'm not worried about my eyes getting burnt up.

Jim - yellow isn't my only choice but clear and yellow are the two main contenders for night and blizzard riding.

I have used clear ones before and quite enjoyed them. I wouldn't mind trying the yellows though.

I've never tried rose ones before either. They are also available.

I've used yellow lenses for overcast, snowy and night riding. They were excellent in all of those conditions.

I've only wished for clear lenses once: it was when I was night riding away from the main, lighted part of the course. In those semi-dark conditions, it probably would have been easier to see with clear lenses (it was nighttime), though the yellow ones weren't bad there either...and if it had been snowing, the yellow ones would have been the best choice for that spot and that time anyway.

Clear lenses don't do much for you in flat light or snowy conditions, but the yellow can really bring out the surface contours amazingly well. It even seems like magic sometimes.

In fact I think the only use I would ever have for clear lenses is in very low light conditions when there is no falling or blowing snow.

Just my own personal opinion/preference. It's different for everybody so "your mileage may vary".

I wouldn't waste the cash for clear lenses.

I always ride with either rose or yellow, they do pretty much the same job in different conditions such as high lighting bumps, ditches etc.

I actually find myseld using my rose lense more often than the yellows.

For riding in the trees at night its hard to beat clear lenses. Otherwise you will have to stop and lift your goggles to check out the next section before you go it. Other than thay they are not much use.

I have clear lenses for my goggles and hove only ever used them successfully during low light at night when contours can be seen from moon shawdows.

You want yellow lenses or someo other type of lense that actually lifts light transmission to pick up the contours in low light, white out days.

Yellow lenses can alos be used effectively on BB days, but you migth find yourself squinting more.

Little know fact about clear lenses that should be CLEAR-ed up is that they actually contain a UV shield so your eyes do not raisin up. However you may still be snow blinded from the glare they will transmit.

Just to be clear here, are you talking about a 2nd lense to be used only for nights and low light/overcast conditions? If so either should be fine. I use yellow. I didn't like the clear goggles I used to have, but they were a cheap lense anyway. I use my yellow lenses at night and in particularly flat light conditions and like them quite a bit.