• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very unlikely. This "first snow" in town almost always disappears - and has actually gone some way to doing that just today with the sun out all day. The "real snow" usually starts in town aroumd mid-December or later. That's my experience anyway. Don't mean to be negative, just realistic. And I hope that I am totally wrong!

• SnowJapan Admin

For all you phone phans out there waiting for the latest on the Emergency Telephone box. Well, until this morning it was all bare as we have had lots of rain over the last week and no new snowfall. Just a bit of snow last night and here is the box this morning. That snow will have gone by later this afternoon.

YuzawaNow_837.JPG

• SnowJapan Admin

Hmmm not sure about that thursday. Only me and SJ1 that takes them I think, and we feel quite daft doing it as well! lol

We need more people to take them!

What the ... ? Just keep taking the pics, the rest of the world waits anxiously for the results!!

If it makes you guys feel better, I don;t think you look daft at all! At least not from here wink

• SnowJapan Admin

I've lived or worked in Yuzawa for nearly 18 years now and over the last few I've had people I haven't spoken to for many years come up to me and after some initial greetings ask "why do you take photos of that phone box". Seems I might be getting a bit of a reputation...

lol If people dont know why you are taking the pictures, and see you doing it often, they probably think its some kind of "Otaku" thing, like the trainspotters, or something!! You never know, it might start off a bit of a fad amongst real Japanese Otaku, and suddenly there'll be people all around the country taking pictures of phone boxes!!!
  • 2 weeks later...