I've just signed up to Willcom and got a new pc card/usb connection to the internet. I had one a number of years back but it was slow and expensive, but now they have a plan under 4000 yen and the new card I have is 8x speed and so seems fairly fast. I'm really pleased with it so far in my limited tests.

If you have a mobile connection going on, what are you using?

Willcom coverage is decent in many places - even often small villages - but not when you get into the mountains. If you can do without the internet on top of a mountain, you should be ok.

Originally Posted By: 1
Can you move over a mobile 090 number to willcom?

I don't know.

Not sure I'd want my mobile phone to be with Willcom - the coverage certainly isn't as much as Docomo. Good enough for an out of home internet connection though.
Originally Posted By: klingon
What kind of contract do you have not Tubby Beaver? (sounds like some kind of expiring one??)

me??

I have a 2 year one which is up in March, of course if I do nothing then Softbank automatically carries it on but my bills are too high so I'm switching. My GF is on Willcom and her bills are LOW! All I want my phone to do is to make calls and send messages, I'm shunning the new technology from now on, I don't need my phone to surf the internet etc, its just too expensive.

My friend uses willcom for a mobile internet connection on his small laptop. Always using it seems to think it's good. I wouldn't mind but can't justify a monthly cost for how much I'd use it.

That little Willcom D4 thing looked interesting in the shop. Wasn't too sloppy either using the web. Perhaps a bit too small for my liking but the thing could fit in a (rather big) pocked.