• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
best coffee - Seattles Best IMO

A friend sent me some of that and it just didn't do it for me.... Nice, but no kapow...

Now, for me it is "Vittoria Oro Cafe Blend", ground just before use and served as a long black. Occassionally as a Cap, Latte or flat white for the morning, but mostly black.

Id rather being drinking Laotian or Turkish coffee myself, but you just dont get that quality coffee here. Those of us who live here have to take what we can get. And what we get is shit coffee here in Japan. Im always amazed at the reaction of the Japanese when they get coffee at restaurants/school/etc and what they say bout it. They say it taste great, I find it tastes like a$$.

Japanese only care bout the aesthetics of how it looks, not how it tastes rolleyes

Starbucks are dead in the water! Went belly up a couple of weeks ago. No woinder - cr@p coffee, but, like Maccas, at least it is consistent You get the same cr@p no matter where in the world you buy it!

It's a bit weird how they have 2 Starbucks on the same intersection in some places in North America.

You might be right JA. Do they think that their coffee is so crap that people wouldn't even cross a street for it?

Starbucks has not gone under, but in the current economic crisis has closed down a large number of it's stores particularly in Australia. Starbucks never made it to Perth - but they had numerous outlets across the Eastern States - they have not closed all - just most. One or two stores will remain in each state.

Apparently we Aussies are a little more discerning with our coffee tastes - they were not profit makers, so when the ship started taking on water they shed the stores that were not carrying thier own weight.

Good business sense really.

In any case - on the odd occassion I have had the opportunity t0 enter a starbucks store I did NOT order a long black (learnt that lesson the first time around). The drink is quite ok disguised as a massive slushy with cream and chocolate powder...you can hardly taste the coffee yummy

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
I like coffee but hate Starbucks...

You hate Charbucks because you like coffee! Whatever that burnt swill they serve isn't coffee... Tastes like what old Rotella smells like!

I guess I'm spoiled. I always have a stash of beans that I bring from Hawaii! For chain franchises, I like Peet's in West coast USA or Blendz in BC, Canada. Peet's is run by the former Starbucks roastmaster who left after becoming disillusioned with what the company had become.

Starbucks does to coffee what Macs does for food. Profiteering on counterfeits.

Small, local cafes are the best for dicovering nice brews that really surprise. I like the local mama papa cafes for decent coffee.