Last night got down to 10.0 degrees in Kutchan which is rather cool for August. The coming week looks as though there may be several nights with similar temps. Seems as though summer is moving on up here in the north.

It got down to 15 here a couple of nights ago but most nights around 18 here and no humidity. Day time temps rarely go above 25oC and not humid. Its great here where I am spending my summer.

There were light frosts last night in northwestern Hokkaido! Temps down slightly below 3 degrees. Not sure if that's breaking any records for August but it sure is damned cool for this time of year.

I've been happy to be outta the hot and sticky summer of Japan - weather here has been beautiful since the day I landed with all humidity dissipating. Winds have been picking up here with Hurricane Fay approaching. Not looking forward to going back to J-land...hope it cools off more in Kansai. Is it still disgusting in Kansai (for those living there?)

It was cloudy and rainy all yesterday but the humidity was back up!!

Some crazy Lightning storms last night without the thunder, which was really cool, just these amazing flashes of lightning....kept me awake for a bit watching them!