I think I have attention disorder

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnowJapan Admin

I will take the bait only once (this once).

Quote:
To the moderator it seems that varied and somewhat differing opinion is not what you are seeking but a specific generic character that likens the rules on your forum to doing business in small country towns in Japan.

Ludicrous.

Just a quick look around these forums will not only reveal a huge amount of 'varied and somewhat differing opinion' but also a wide range of very differing characters from all over the world.

Do we welcome trolls, trouble-makers, idiots and advertisers on these Forums?

No, we don't.

What we are certainly not seeking are members who seem to take glee in causing problems by throwing around insults at other members of the Forums and/or ourselves.

Like I said earlier today and have said before, if you don't like it here.... just go away!

Agreed!

No-one is forcing anyone to 'drop in'.

But if you want to hang around and join in conversation, do it. There are many differing opinions expressed here - and rarely without apology. We are all up for a bit of a stir every now and again. But is there really any point in dropping into a thread and lambasting the people who are regulars here?

I think not.

Drop Inn, you've been here a coupla years, perhaps more as a lurker or otherwise.

Please give us your autograph, so that we can flog it in case you become a somebody some day.

You sound very bitter and twisted, Drop Inn.

Seems to me that you are the one with some kind of agenda, rather than the people you vaguely accuse.

I've met some fantastic friends on here and I totally enjoy my time here - often laughing out loud, sometimes serious discussion but always entertaining.

Anyway, I'd think 99% of people who uses them will know all that....

(I have even met my girlfriend because of these Forums).

Originally Posted By: Drop Inn
You guys are scary glad I didn't have a plug on the argument thread.

We sure were let off there guys.
Wipes brow in relief.

gg - come on you have to tell.
Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads

(I have even met my girlfriend because of these Forums).

Wait a second, gg was pretty intimate with Veronica on the chat box the other day...

...ã‚‚ã—ã‹ã—ã¦ï¼ï¼ï¼
evilgrin

Ohh sorry...what was the topic again ...I got "easily distracted" again!

And that would be:

Quote:
8. Easy distractibility; trouble focusing attention, tendency to tune out or drift away in the middle of a page or conversation, often coupled with an inability to focus at times.

I'm glad it's not me playing the troll for a change.

ADD/ADHD is serious though. Some group has drawn up a checklist of "normal" behaviour. Deviation from the norm is a sign of mental illness. Drugs are prescribed to the "abnormal" (especially children who don't sit quietly and behave as mum wishes) in order to control their behaviour. Things like "not sitting still", and "running around making lots of noise" qualify children for drug treatment to "normalise" their behaviour.

Ho hum.

Case in point. Mum won't allow my boys to travel because after years of hawking them around the quacks, she has them both diagnosed as having some kind of activity disorder. My reading is that they are boys, and she needs a label to justify her pathological need to control.

Now there is a real mind problem. Control and Micromanagement Disorder. CMD, or more traditionally known as Authoritarianism.

And what of "indigo children" ? They are apparently misdiagnosed higher evolved children...

I have seen some kids who have needed medication just to survive to adulthood. It really was necessary. But too many are overmedicated or medicated when not required.

My 2 of 4 that took meds for a year were on a seratonin reuptake inhibitor not an amphetamine.

The eldest took it for the first year of high school so he could make the transition - he was turning up to the wrong class at the wrong time with no books. The 3rd began taking it a couple of months after his brother when he developed 2 different tic's after severe bullying. As this particular med was designed originally as an antidepressant it seems worth a shot. It worked gradually. I stopped all medication in both of them when the eldest said he got suicidal thoughts while taking it. No problems since - they are distractable and frustrating, but they are who they are.

That's really my point tsondaboy. I accept Mamabear's opinion, that some really benefit from medication, but boys (in particular) will be boys. What they (mostly) are poor at is sitting quietly and paying attention. Myself included. I was a shocker at school, and things haven't changed much since.