• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: thursday.
you people have really missed the plot. Show me skis with the klangers on them? Or the wombles for that matter.

We are looking for hardware; isn't that right MMT?

Who's missed the plot? It's the brand that counts. Don't worry about the technicalities, pulling them at 2yo is the thing. Kerching razz

Yes Uncle Thursday, you are right. I did think that Superted video that Uncle Soubs posted looked fun but my mum says they don't make Superted skis. My Dad said my mum should buy some Miffy skis and then I can decorate them with stickers of Brumm-brumms and Anpanman. I think that would look cool and no one would know they were really Miffy skis :blush:

You are very clever Uncle Scouser, I do like cottage cheese. It was the first cheese I ever had. I also like the cream cheese things with bread sticks to dip in. My mum buys me little cheeses called "candy cheese" and I like them a lot. I can have one everyday if I eat all my breakfast. They are a bit difficult to open though. I have to pull the two ends of the plastic and then turn the chesse in the wrapper round and round until the cheese pops out.

Hey there, Mini Me Tarzan!

Cheese is goof for your teeth and bones! Keep trying all different sorts, you'll grow to love stuff like Brie, Parmigiano, and Blue (but probably not for a while yet!)

On another matter, I hope you are able to talk your mum into coming to Australia for a visit one day! We (my +1 and I) will be in Nozawa Onsen in January for skiing, and doing a bit of traveling around Tokyo, Hiroshima, Miyajima before the skiing. I do so love the countryside, and the people I meet in Japan are so helpful and gentle.

Thank you Uncle JA, I would like to go to Australia.

Uncle Scouser, sometimes my mum takes me to a really big shop called Cost-co and I sit up high in the trolley. My mum always buys my wet wipes from there and you can get cottage cheese and lots of other nice food and toys there too.

MMT. You seem like a bright lad. Sometimes, the process of motherhood, turns mum's brains to custard. You have to watch out for this. PM me for details of the symptoms.

PS. If you are interested in Physics or Maths, let me know. We can cover some basics of thermodynamics and calculus.

smile wink

Thank you Uncle Soubriquet. I can already count to two. I know lots of other numbers too but I get confused which order they go in. When my mum asks me how many of something I want I always say ten because that is the biggest number I know.

I am especially confused about Nana. My Nana takes care of me when I am not in school or with my mum. On her car number plate there is a sign like this: 7. My nana said it is a nana like her but my mum says it is called seven. This is very difficult for me. Is this calculus?

Originally Posted By: Mini Me Tarzan
Is this calculus?

lol
Don't worry, MMT. I'm not laughing at you. Actually, that's a very good question. I didn't learn calculus until University and even then I wasn't very good at it so Uncle Soub can give you a better answer. But it could be helpful to learn calculus at some point before you start skiing, because I think it has a lot to do with lines and curves, which is basically what we do when we ski. Then again, a lot of us just 'use the force' and not worry too much about theory so maybe you don't have to worry about it.

Thank you for all the calculus advice and welcomes snow uncles and aunts.

Uncle Soubriquet, I have been thinking very hard about your question, but I cannot think of anything my mum offers me where I would only want two.

Here you are Uncle Liquid X.

321227692_247631632-o.jpg

MMT, No need to be coy, Mum probably made you remove her - Why not show her who's the boss and post her picture? (Kidding, really! That avatar is great! Looks like you were having a great time.)

Keep enjoying yourself, and you'll be a skier before you know it! You are already about 47 years ahead of me. (To explain, I started skiing at 49 years old - yes that makes me ancient in your eyes, but I am just exactly as old as I want to be!)