Have been wondering if MMT will be able to make his debut this season. He will be 2 at the end of October. Does anyone know what gear is available for really little people. Can I put him on real skis or does he have to use those plastic things they sell in the supermarket? He has quite small feet for his age and is still in the smallest size of shoes they make.

What are the plans for Toddlers Fattwins and Thursday? What did other people do?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>Does anyone know what gear is available for really little people. Can I put him on real skis or does he have to use those plastic things they sell in the supermarket?

Psssssssst, put him on some 'Toons! He'll be rippin em in NO TIME!! lol

Sorry, Id imagine those plastic things for kids are best, but still think the above idea is best wink Im sure FT will have Hanna the Banana on his BROckers mid-season biggrin

Have very low expectations.

Concentrate more on playing in the snow and making it fun - sledging and making snowmen that type of thing.

Then come 3-4 years of age the winter environment won't seem so hostile.

Originally Posted By: me jane
Have been wondering if MMT will be able to make his debut this season. He will be 2 at the end of October. Does anyone know what gear is available for really little people. Can I put him on real skis or does he have to use those plastic things they sell in the supermarket? He has quite small feet for his age and is still in the smallest size of shoes they make.
What are the plans for Toddlers Fattwins and Thursday? What did other people do?

our kids started skiing at 2 years old. Dont expect much, but the sooner they are in ski boots and bindings the better.

Our eldest had her first go on the Miffy skis last year, but only outside the house. She was about two and a half at the time. I suppose it depends on the child, but I think stuff like tubing, the big foam things you can sledge on at Iimori, snowmen, and snow caves are much more fun.

I would also minimize the time spent in the car and go to the closest possible place with snow. Especially if your kids are only two or three.

Awwww...so cute!!!

I thought those plastic ski's were so cute - never seen them before our trip shopping for snow gear in Tokyo - and even without little kiddies I stopped to look at them!

Have fun with him.

The excitement of making snowballs and snow angels and snowmen and sliding on tubes or sleds - they will all make you laugh so hard. Just watch the gloves - some with the cord that is inside the jacket would be a good thing. First few times we took our youngest (at 7 and 8 yrs old mind you) we went through a stupid amount of lost gloves. I joked about buying him 35 pairs and wrapping them individually for his Christmas Stocking!!

Hello again Snow Uncles and Aunts,

My mum talked to her friend in Canada a few days ago. She used to teach skiing and snowboarding and she told my mum that my muscles wouldn't be developed enough this year so I would have to do miffy-between-the-leg-sliding or stick to donuts and sleds. She said next season when I am three there will be no stopping me!

I hope my mum can find some Anpanman, Doraemon or Thomas skis. I don't think Miffy is very cool.