flying overseas for a concert???

Originally Posted By: spook
 Originally Posted By: SG
dude - go. life is too short to stuff a mushroom.

i'm not even sure what this means, but it's my new favourite saying!
clap.gif

that saying has been floating around for years, I have always liked it, its perfectly succinct.
I just googled it and it was coined in 1975 by the English writer Shirley Conran who published the book Superwoman, aimed at busy women, and used that saying in it.

doing spontaneous crazy things every now and then is what life is all about, sitting around stuffing mushrooms.....nah.

Have a blast in Hawaii CB, feel invigorated.

Never have done it cuz it's so expensive, and to make a bit of a trip of it involves too much organization & sacrifice.

Have been very tempted to do so for Metallica on a few occasions tho!

I havent owned a car in 9 years...Is that OK? That justifiable? \:D

Cheers BP, will do mate thumbsup.gif Now I just have to think of a good excuse to get outta work? Any ideas? Wedding to go to? Just say nothing at all? Im going to come back with a pretty nice tan so wedding sounds pretty good eh?

I just wish Bela Fleck and JBT were going too!!

Oh, just wanted to add that:

In addition to Metallica, the only other bands I might have considered flying overseas to see might be:

Pink Floyd.

Tool.

Sepultura.

Iron Maiden.

Midnight Oil.

Guns 'N Roses.

In thier primes, of course.

and i've just noticed this service they offer:

Call in Sick Service.

Call In Sick Service provides clients with a cast-iron sickness alibis. We would call a place of your work for you and pretend to be your doctor /dentist or a spouse, etc. and tell your boss that you can’t come in. So you will not have to fake it on the phone! This is even useful for our clients who are self-employed – freelancers, business owners, etc.

lol.gif

Spook, what a site. Nice one thumbsup.gif

Are you wondering what we do?

Do you need a RESCUE call to be made at any time from any number?

Do you need us to make a phone call, but want the phone call to appear from Paris? With the Paris number showing up on the caller id of the intended party?

Are you in Dubai, but telling your partner you are in Tokyo? Would you like to have us assign a Tokyo number to you, receive the phone call on your behalf and forward it to your number in Dubai?

Do you want to create an impression that you are staying in a certain hotel anywhere in the world? Complete with the 24 hr hotel receptionist answering in the accent of your choice and confirming your stay?

Do you want to create an impression that you are flying by a certain airline on a certain date anywhere in the World?

Do you want to create an impression that you have a job with your own business phone, personal secretary and business cards?

Do you have a personal or business sensitive matter that needs to be solved? We have professional actors and actresses who will study your background material and handle your situation effectively whether it is a phone call to a third party or a meeting.

Are you married and looking to spend romantic time with your spouse away from your work, friends and relatives?

Back on track, friend of mine say The Cure. Setlist of over 3 hours and 37 songs!!! Wow. I don't know of that might even be TOO long!!

Intro:

tape

Mainset:

open

alt.end

a night like this

the end of the world

lovesong

pictures of you

lullaby

from the edge of the deep green sea

please project

the walk

push

how beautiful you are...

inbetween days

just like heaven

a boy i never knew

if only tonight we could sleep

the kiss

shake dog shake

us or them

never enough

wrong number

one hundred years

end

Encore 1:

at night

m

play for today

a forest

Encore 2:

let's go to bed

freak show

close to me

why can't i be you?

Encore 3:

boys don't cry

jumping someone else's train

grinding halt

10:15 saturday night

killing an

Originally Posted By: RobBright
and today

Rage Against the Machine!!!!

Apparently the Osaka show last Thursday went off. I was at Arcade Fire which was a good gig as well. Would have liked to see RATM apart from "don't do what you tell me" anthem.
 Originally Posted By: ssar
Oh, just wanted to add that:

In addition to Metallica, the only other bands I might have considered flying overseas to see might be:

Pink Floyd.
Tool.
Sepultura.
Iron Maiden.
Midnight Oil.
Guns 'N Roses.

In thier primes, of course.

Metallica played down your way two years ago at the BDO. I saw them after in Osaka where they played for more than two hours. Great outdoor concert after one of the hottest days of the SummerSonic festival. Tool also played last year's BDO, didn't they?