flying overseas for a concert???

So, how many people out there would fly to another country for a concert? Probably my all time favorite band, Dave Matthews Band, is playing in Hawaii in April. Actually not DMB, but Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds, plus Jack Johnson!! clap.gif I love Dave and Tim and really like JJ too. So, my best mate from America, and possibly my mom, cuz she loves them too, are going to fly to Hawaii for 4 nights 5 days in April. Saying screw work for 3 days, will have to find a substitute for my homeroom duties, and will have to have lessons prepared in such a way that students can do them in class, but am dying to go to the show!! Am I crazy?! Would anybody else do that? I haven’t surfed in Hawaii in many years as well so would be really good fun to get some waves there too.

Ezorisu, you do you like them? You going?

Kintaro (you still lurking?) What bout you braddah?

I am checking on airline tixs now and will pick one up. My mate is handling accommodation and the concert tixs! Dave and Tim in Hawaii!!! Surfing!! My old stomping grounds!!

Anybody else that crazy about a band? \:\)

yeah, why not? when i was living in london i used to check out bands in other countries. made for a nice weekend away - cheap flights, a couple of days in a new city, and one nights entertainment sorted watching a band you dig.

went and saw beck play in glasgow and saw the dandy warhols in dublin. had seen both before and could have seen them in london, but thought it would be fun to check em out somewhere else.

do it. it's a fun reason to go somewhere

I have a friend who's a 'known' guitarist in Sydney and he flew to Tokyo to see two of his heros performing together at the blue note (of course I've now forgotten their names but I'll remember when I hear them!). Nothing wrong with that, I say!

I dig Dave.

I got married in Hawaii two summers ago. Both families from Japan and America went. We're trying to make it an annual meeting place. It didn't happen this year, so next year we need to try harder. The concert sounds like a good excuse.

Check this one out CB

56000 yen for flight

42000 yen for those other ripoff charges. (Special ones added coz it's rip-off Britain)

Ridiculous isn't it.

Well rip off tix or not - I would go!

There is nothing wrong with flying to do/see/indulge in the things you enjoy. As long as you can afford it. Mortgage the house, sell the kids kidneys - maybe not. But if you can stretch it and you want it - heck life is too short - go for it.

They have started running Cancer Awareness ads here in WA recently featuring a young 30's active outdoorsy guy who is terminally ill from melanoma. I look at him, Heath Ledger, Chris Mainwairing - so many others who have died too young. LIVE. ENJOY. Have no regrets.

BTW - Hawaii! I am jealous! We loved Hawaii!!

Depends on how much I want to see them and if they are/aren't coming to Japan.

Led zep would pretty much be the only ones now - maybe Pearl Jam but they've annoyed me too much.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
walk - man thats being generous!

I would hop, screw or pretty much doing anything to see them....

hey! taking local roads it would be over 600km! like the pretenders said "I would 500miles....."

Led Zep live yep, that would be quite something.

As long as you offset your flights carbon emissions by doing somehting particularly eco friendly this month! ;\)

On the subject of taxes, my flight to NY in March is also giving me an extra 40,000Y slap in the face.

Originally Posted By: spook
 Originally Posted By: SG
dude - go. life is too short to stuff a mushroom.

i'm not even sure what this means, but it's my new favourite saying!
clap.gif

lol.gif Me too!

CB, sweeeeeeet mate! thumbsup.gif

And airlines suck with their charges thumbsdown.gif Our tix to Aus were 7 plus about 2.5 on fuel surcharge... \:\(
 Originally Posted By: SG
 Originally Posted By: RobBright
walk - man thats being generous!

I would hop, screw or pretty much doing anything to see them....

hey! taking local roads it would be over 600km! like the pretenders said "I would 500miles....."

Led Zep live yep, that would be quite something.

errm....do you mean the Proclaimers??