1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Just like to know some quick facts. There are those who have been, those who are thinking of going and those who are returning.

Let's have a poll, (multiple selections) and post why the allure or not:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put one and coming back for more. I think it would be a greta place to take friends who aren't so single-minded about just being on the mountain as I am. However, for me personally, while I certainly enjoyed it, I am more interested right now in poking around Rusutsu and discovering more of the tree runs taht are available wherever you look there. But need to get back to the big Honshu mountains before any of that happens.

been once it was good, but there are better places, closer and cheaper to get too so unless someone else is paying probably wont be going back.

For people overseas I can see the allure, especially those from Oz, who can fly right into Sapporo bypassing KIX or Narita.

No choice for me either. Three times. Might go back but more excited about trying other places. I would vote 'this pole sucks' but I don't want to hurt T-day's feelings.... But I've gotto vote to see the results...

Once, only for two days, early Dec 2001. It was still only opening up, but there was lots of pow onpiste. It was noticably colder than Hakuba. Better food around the hill too.

For a full two-day Hirafu pass and bed and breakfast in the hotel in front and to the right of to the Scott, it was 9,000 yen per person. Somehow I don't think you'd get that deal now.

I went to Kiroro the year before. We stayed at the Piano, Markie's favourite, and pigged on all the great grub there. BBQ Lamb and lots of crab. We got about 20-25cm of powder one night, which was pretty good because it was about April 10. It was very icy the rest of the time though.

Heading back for my second trip since I started boarding last month (Dec. 2008), but I am living in Osaka, so it is easier to get there.

I think it is actually more convenient to get to Niseko from Osaka than it is to get to Hakuba via the Overnight bus.

what? are you kidding? train to Kobe/Kix/Itami, then a flight, then get luggage, then get a bus?? It will take you longer to get to Niseko than Hakuba.

Figure a 45 min - 1 hour train ride minimum

1.5 hour flight plus check in time/wait time

however long it takes for luggage to come out after landing

then a 3 hour bus ride to Hirafu

I find Shinkansen to Nagoya, change to Ltd Rapid to Matsumoto, then local easier IMHO... but I wont do the overnight bus anymore...no way.

BP and I drove up in 5 hours and thats including the 69 shits he took along the way up lol.gif

I am traveling with my all my gear, plus the girlfriend's gear on the other arm, makes train transitions difficult.

Taxi to Umeda/Osaka - 10 minutes

Umeda/Osaka bus to Itami - 40 minutes

Check-in baggage and flight - 2hr 10mins

Transfer time and bus ride to Niseko - 3hr 30 minutes

So, 6.5hrs.

I think that beats the overnight bus. The train is an option, but not carrying all the gear. We could ship via Black Cat, but we prefer to travel with our gear.

Driving to Hakuba is not an option, because we do not have a car and I do not have a valid license in Japan. The girlfriend would have to do all the driving and that is a nightmare for both of us.

Originally Posted By: SG
been once it was good, but there are better places, closer and cheaper to get too so unless someone else is paying probably wont be going back.

For people overseas I can see the allure, especially those from Oz, who can fly right into Sapporo bypassing KIX or Narita.

AYE!
They don't know what they are missing!!!

A few days in Tokyo is just the ticket! Just as the Gaijin Invasionwill tell ya!

SHOPPING!

For me - Hubby and 2 son's been 3 times, me and the younger two twice. YES plans for more visits - but this time it was TOKYO that sold us on coming back next year instead of doing the planned USA trip..

Ohhh..Thursday .. we had a ripsnorter of a meal last night. It was our last night in Tokyo and we had the full on Kobe Beef Teppenyaki. As the kids said "fully sick!". Never in my life have I eaten better! Niseko will have a lot of work to do to surpass that culinary delight.

But there is the snow...(and there is lots falling)

3 times going for as 4th in Feb.

Something tells me I'm going to have to search a fair bit harder than ma usual haunts, but I'm up for it.

Nighta is what sells me on Hokkers rather than Hak. In 6 days I can cram about 10 days of riding in..