2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: thursday
look at the accomodation. They are chocker. Good stuff TB. I'd like to buy you some beers there. ANd whiskys

Thats what I thought like, but my mate (who is doing the booking) reckons he's found somewhere. If not we may just branch out to Furano or another Hokkers resort. If I'm up during that weekend though I'll def hook up for a beer (and you can drink the whisky! wink )
Originally Posted By: RobBright
Going up end of February for a few days with a complete beginner in toe. Any advice except ditch the beginner?;)

Rob, give the beginner an instructor. He/she will love the family slope and if not, he/she can eat the penguins.

not decided yet as my first for the season will be Tomamu or near Tokyo, but my second will be Niseko.

Strangely we're having a barbie this weekend to decide both.

But when I hit Niseko, .......

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Going up end of February for a few days with a complete beginner in toe. Any advice except ditch the beginner?;)

Rob, give the beginner an instructor. He/she will love the family slope and if not, he/she can eat the penguins.

lol Eat the penguins!!

True though - rent-a-friend (aka an instructor) is an awesome idea!! Then your beginner friend can show off when you get back together and you can oooh and ahhh and think back to the awesome time you just had up the top biggrin

My answer is the same as Mama's first response. I've been twice, no current intention of returning in the short term (more interested in seeing what the rest of Japow has to offer) but will likely return before I die (or give up skiing - whichever happens first!)

Yet another thursday "regurgitated" thread.

Damn, man, you need a life!

Been to Niseko four times now. Next year will be our last to Niseko for awhile we are going to try a few other Japow Resorts. We are towing along some newbies with us this time who haven't done any travelling (1 trip to NZ can't count that though) so we thought Niseko would be a good introduction without freaking them out to much. lol I am getting some CLASSIC questions from them though?? rollabout

"will my skis work in Niseko"

"Do they still take Aus dollar instead of Yen"

"What happended to the Aussie Mayor there"

So much better than those Thursday!!

"At least getting in at 8.20 to Toyko it will be really quiet".

"I love sushi, I can't wait" (has only ever been to the euro sushi train)

"Is there a McDonalds"

"I wont need thermals I don't feel the cold"

"We wont have any problem getting around, as if everything is going to be in Japanese and everyone speaks Japanese"

rollabout lol
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
...a westernized version of sushi - on the conveyor belt...
Sushi Train

[think California rolls Thursday]

whats westernized about it MB? Being as I never eat Sushi, I don't know the difference of overseas ones and the real McCoy