Man I work with an Idiot!

She cant speak or understand English.

I told her Nova was going down yet

she bought more text-books.

She takes a day off a week or more for

stress.

Has her own work PC yet uses one of the shared pcs(by 4 people without pcs) cause she doesnt want to use it at her desk.

She Just asked someone with no pc to leave a pc even though she

has her own pc.

I dont want to work with her anymore!

If she is here next year I will request a job change!

Idiot!

LOL.

Thats hell funny FT. A day off a week for stress?, that's naughty.

Sounds like my ex-boss. I call him "ex-boss", cos he couldn't manage for peanuts, so I am supposedly "managed" by someone else.

He is playing the system (government worker).

he was taking stress leave (1 day a week), and then taking 1 day a week also off from his long service. Then, he had counselling service for half day on another day, and turns up at 9:45, and leaves by 5:30. To top it off, he doesn't do ANY work all day, but he will write articles & put components on his own web site... sjangry.gif

I am with you on this one FT, I hate people like this, mind you, they make your own work look excellent =)

hang in there FT wave.gif

I asked her for her pc if she doesnt want to use it.

she said it is upstairs so I can work from there.

wtf!

Ive taught 50% of her classes last month and 40% the month before.

on top of that I had to do everything else that was planned.

To top it off she got her bonus on monday.

And shse sleeps in class or does other work while I teach.

See me do that and see me get canned in 2 days time.

Im not stress but Im going to talk to someone soon. First ill tell her about the sleeping. I told her before if she isnt going to do anything in the class then just leave. I will be telling her again but this time ill do it in class.

Originally Posted By: Fattwins
To top it off she got her bonus on monday.

You gotta be kidding me!
This is promoting stupidity. it's like patting a dog when it pee's on the couch....

GARR! wakaranai.gif

Oh, and SJF, that's just plain mean. Anyhow, "you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.." lol.gif

don't get me started on idiots, FT.

But I don't necessarily blame them, per se. I generally blame the system for turning those idiots into who they are.

A hierarchy-based work ethic that promotes according to seniority and not merit is doomed to develop idiots.

I won't be with my school much longer either. Putting up with the system is just way too tiring.

It's amazing how often I get interupted when I'm having a live meeting with collegues overseas, developing next year's educational software. I never get bothered at my desk here unless I'm wearing a mic and talking to the computer. It's then... when I'm working harder than is expected of my job requirements, that I get interupted by completely ridiculous topics.

"I don't want to design new materials. Why is our newest teacher designing new materials? Let's go interupt him."

Hit the nail requiring attention on the head... if you will. What's the Japanese proverb for that? I always thought it was just a proverb. But now that I am working harder than my coworkers and gaining more training then them, I see how blatant it is. Now I understand why my smart students are so reserved.

heeey,. seeing as though some of u are teachers, may I ask what you do to grade them?, My wifey is developing a program to handle marking & stuff, and I am keen to see what others use, and if they have a need for a new system (I have told her to add a multilingual system into it).

Anyhow, if anyone has thoughts, please PM me.

Cheers...

Ok, back on track,

I often just role a die which has: A, B, C, D, F on it and see what happens...you should hear the complaints sometime. Like, at my old school last year, a 7th grade boy didnt answer one question wrong, well, technically he didnt even answer one question, so I gave him 100% and an A in my class...his classmates were pissed - you shoulda seen all the zero's the following sememster on the Final exam lol.gif

language isn't quantitative. One can give a vocab test, but that doesn't signify anything other than memorization skills, which has nothing to do with communication.

I teach communication. They get written tests to make the school happy, but half their grade is actually effort, motivation, and study habits. They know this too. The more notes they take, the more effort they apply, etc, the more the latter part of their grade goes up. I could give a rats-ass about how they can perform on any written test.

Then again, I don't come from a heirarchy-based society. Hence, my juggling for fair grades.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Being incredibly intelligent I've always found myself surrounded by idiots... \:D

As one gains wisdom, he is perpetually doomed to the torment of idiots.

One can't have it both ways. Another element of that expression is Change. I often gripe with my wife about how outdated my school system is and how much work it's going to take to modernize it. Then she reminds me that if it weren't out-of-date, I wouldn't have those dreams in the first place.

So... thank god they're idiots living in the past.
 Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
I often just role a die which has: A, B, C, D, F on it and see what happens...you should hear the complaints sometime. Like, at my old school last year, a 7th grade boy didnt answer one question wrong, well, technically he didnt even answer one question, so I gave him 100% and an A in my class...his classmates were pissed - you shoulda seen all the zero's the following sememster on the Final exam lol.gif

Ah, the old five-sided die, what ever happened to them confused.gif

So, they have idiots in the educational institutions in japan as well?

It must be a world-wide phenomenon.

I do contract work for an educational institution and now i just say yes to whatever they want and do not dispute anything. It is much easier on my sanity.

A hint: Always say yes to idiots.