Bit of a lull after that first snowfall. I suppose people were telling us that was normal.

So when is the next dump due to really get the season properly started? I know there's tons of people in the know and experts here ;\) so do tell.

For the Hokkaido resorts, its pretty much been snowing for the past couple of weeks eh??

Nagano/ Niigata etc have had a thaw lower down, but apparently there is still decent conditions on the higher runs. Snow is forecast over the next 3 days.....

http://www.snow-forecast.com

Niseko recieved considerable Snow falls Saturday and Sunday nights and it has been continueing to snow throughout today without about an additional 25-30cm expected over the next 3 days up top. Just to give you a comparison of the snow depth at the top of Niseko compared to this time since 2002........

December 3rd 2002 - 130cm

December 3rd 2003 - 0cm

December 3rd 2004 - 35cm

December 3rd 2005 - 140cm

December 3rd 2006 - 85cm

TODAY - 157cm Base up top!!!!!!!!

Was there 05/06 in Jan, and it was nuts ! Looking good for a few nice systems over the next couple of weeks & around the 17th at this stage is looking really sweet for all of Japan. Only counting minutes Osiris, i'm on seconds.............

Local forecasts are not showing much for late Fri-Sat this week, but the northern animation & 9 day gsfx is looking great, am i missing something ?

9 panel

Animation

Refresh page then scroll through days at bottom page

Hirafu resort is reporting a snow depth up top of 90cm. The Niseko Now depth is maybe a little optimistic but I have always thought that they under report the depth here.

Reports buy resorts need to be taken in zones that have no wind loading. That means they should only have the actual fallen snow and not blown in snow. If any resort is truly using the data properly. The resort can read the snow pack as well for Safty. Patrol should try to see the type of crystals that have fallen Etc. Thus you will always get a snow report that says too much or too little snow depending on where you ski. Bowled trees will collect 20 to 50 percent more snow. a ridge line will collect less. A house on one side will collect more than on the other side.

Spot on Fattwins.

My Hirafu Village measurements 'of actual fallen snow, not blown in snow' for this season are:

15Nov07 - 21Nov07 105cm

22Nov07 - 28Nov07 52cm

29Nov07 - 03Dec07 70cm

Total so far 227cm

Mike Pow, your a legend...... When are ya gonna go out and get some more brilliant pics? I particularly enjoyed your mid/late November pics when you hiked Niseko before opening day. Some village pics would be great!