1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

OK guys. Any of you wear any makeup? Having this conversation at an enkai last night. Out of the 10 guys there (all Japanese), 4 said they wore some makeup. I was surprised. So come on let me know.

i would say it's weird, and i'm not exactly the most macho guy either. i get freaked out when i see blokes in sydney or NY getting manicures. i mean, c'mon....

but my gripe with it is as much a problem with self-obsessed and indulgent people

'Metrosexual' is the new buzz word to describe males with a prominent female side. If you ask them why they wear make up and have facials ect. they'll tell you that they dont wont to be a beer swilling cave man.

I'll be in my cave knocking one back if anyone would like to join me.

Originally Posted By: Mantas
'Metrosexual' is the new buzz word to describe males with a prominent female side.

LOL, Yup, these guys sport manbags, wear expensive sunglasses, and like pink polo tops, with the collars turned up.

Well, living in Australia, I moisturize my face every day, but that's as far as it goes. I would never bother with a manicure, or facial, cos that would be self-indulgent rubbish, and would be undone within 30 seconds of me being out in the backyard doing my landscaping.

I take it these guys also sit down to pee?

I dont wear make up. Not to say that I dont pay attention to my appearance - I like to wear nice clothes and what have you when I go out, maybe put a bit of wax on my hair. Ive always been of the opinion that women would be more interested in more "manly" guys, and that these "Shibuya guys" with their hairstyles and fancy clothes wouldnt really appeal to most women. So, perhaps the girls on the forum could let us know what they think? Which is sexier, "metrosexual" or "real man"?!

First response....the metro boy..

But upon reflection I married a real blokes bloke!

However I did date 3 boys who turned out to be gay in my youth...I think I was attracted to SAFE boys who really were nothing more than friends.... or did I turn them! LOL

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
First response....the metro boy..

But upon reflection I married a real blokes bloke!

However I did date 3 boys who turned out to be gay in my youth...I think I was attracted to SAFE boys who really were nothing more than friends.... or did I turn them! LOL

would you really want to go out with a bloke who spent more time getting ready than you?

Interesting that a lot of Japanese men fall into either the 'girlier than a girl' camp or 'me mr macho...smoke 50 cigs a day...dont do any housework...stink...drive white toyota crown' category.

"manbags" always make me laugh. There's this one "macho" guy at work that has a manbag that really is more a womanbag. He takes it everywhere with him.

I'm not keen on either extreme myself. Macho doesn't do it for me, but neither do the guys that look and act like girls.

yeh its to stop the reflection of the lights and your head becoming 'shiny'. but then the eye shadow and stuff seems extreme. however theyve been doing that for donkeys years, bogart and james cagney used to use eye shadow.