Originally Posted By: thursday
Indo, keep away from that one. It ain't good.

I'll be pretty sorted as my place includes Brekkie and dins.
Hoping the sushi place that was on the corner opposite the conbini is still there for lunches.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: projectsplat
feeling better about the fact that we got all mountain included in the package. nice.
bummer to hear that the 100 yen ramen place is no more. we have had about 20 people tell us that we have to go there. \:\(

dude, you move in cheap circles. ;\)
 Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
Indo, you hittin Niseko?

Yeah mate, My Sayonara trip thumbsup.gif .. Mid Feb, got the shnorkel packed already!
Bro is coming over and Damon and I are hitting it. Only 6 days in the middle of Feb. Better than a kick in the nuts!

Well, the boss (my girlfriend) made the final decision for me. She got a deal including flights, 2 nights, 2 brekie, 2 dinner, 2 day lift ticket for about 29000yen each. The lift tickets are only for Grand Hirafu but we can pay 1500 more for all 3 resorts. I have no idea what to expect as far as hotel and food. I guess we don't find out exactly what hotel we stay at until a week before we leave. Same goes for flight information. I found that a bit strange but this is a first for me.

backpacker shithole huh... good enough for me, Im used to crashing in my car for the weekend and hitting an onsen when I need a shower. She mentioned something about a pension style hotel. I have no idea what that means.

Not really Thursday.

The place I stay at is ya typical J pension and only costs 55,000 for 5 days/4 nights from Nags including brkkie and dins. All you need is a futon to sleep on anyway.

Okemonloon, thats the way with the J packages. The earliest flights there and latest flights back usually get hefty charges put on em and those not willing to pay, go into a king of raffle to see what time they get. When ya playing with a 2 night trip, you'd want ealry flights there and late back.. otherwise you'll end up with 1 day on the mountain!

Don't forget omiyage time at th airport on the way home either..

Thats not uncommon for travel deals back home either. These are generally for summer hols, but you tell the travel agent where you want to go and within what range of accomodation, and then you take what you get. Sometimes you luck out and get a really sweet hotel etc for the cheap fare and at worse you'll get the minimum standard accomodation that you specified.

yo all out there,

just letting people know, that i have hired a whole lodge (Captain Hirafu) in the heart of Hirafu, and i have some spaces available if anyone knows someone needing accom. Beds are available from the 29th Dec though till 9th Jan. it's a sweet little place, stayed there last year and looooved it...

If anyone is keen i can provide my email to work out the details...

• 1 month later...

Well after booking this trip in the begininng of December we finaly got the details today. We are staying in Hirafu at some place called FUTAGOYAMA. I can't seem to find it on SJ anywere, anyone know anything about this place?