• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pics! i wish i landed the shuvit.

The area we did it at was on a mellow slope right below the gondi lodge. It was not open, but had a packed cat track that went up the slope so we could ride down, turn into the track, and walk back up. Perfect for learning.

It looks nice and easy in these shots, but before we shot these kuma and i went up and tried one of the runs that had been skied out.

That was GNARLY. I fell pretty much every turn, because i couldn't get up on my edge if there was no deep snow. I haven't experienced punter steez like that since i was 13.

Nice pics Kuma - especially the last one! People, look at Oyuki's track - that is smooth!

FT - It may have been nicer for them to do before the sun came out, but then the pics wouldn't have been so nice!

Looking at the shove-it shot.... makes me think the skate-banana or k2 gyrator reverse camber boards would be perfect for noboarding - look at how the contact points are catching!

Dokumon - you better be over 35 to be making lame comments like that.

If you're going to get really soulful, do it in bare feet. Just joking.

Anyway, watched a Christian Hosoi documentary last night. That guy definitely didn't need any shoes or trainer wheels or his skateboards!! You can bittorrent it here.

i dunno, i can gorilla grip my sk8 deck sometimes, but the noboard pads nubbys are not very comfy barefoot. At least wear some flip-flops or something.

And that is actually a great thing about it too. It is much cheaper that regular snowboarding. A nopad (about $150 in Canada),a used board long enough for pow (i bought the one in the photo for 2000 yen), and some sorels are all you need. There is no need for fancy boots.

i do however, reccommend wearing a powder skirt.

Next time i go out, i'm gonna wear my super-soft 8-year old burton freestyles.

Originally Posted By: Oyuki kigan
i dunno, i can gorilla grip my sk8 deck sometimes, but the noboard pads nubbys are not very comfy barefoot. At least wear some flip-flops or something.

And that is actually a great thing about it too. It is much cheaper that regular snowboarding. A nopad (about $150 in Canada),a used board long enough for pow (i bought the one in the photo for 2000 yen), and some sorels are all you need. There is no need for fancy boots.

i do however, reccommend wearing a powder skirt.

Next time i go out, i'm gonna wear my super-soft 8-year old burton freestyles.

That's pretty cool. One thing that's always bugged me a little about snow sports is the bourgeois BS and the socio-economic barriers to entry.

Another thing that's pretty cool about noboarding is the name. It makes me think of the "No Wave" music scene that was partly a reaction against the punk/new wave scene in the 70s. I'm pretty sure Sonic Youth would get it.