Japanese Proficiency Test

Originally Posted By: bobby12
I also think that first test, kanji/vocab is totally redundant when you have that reading test at the end. It is impossible to imagine somone passing the reading and failing the kanji/vocab so they should just scrap it IMO.

Sure, but that's where I get all my points. How the f::: am I gonna pass it if they scap that section lol.gif

Actually, the last time I took it was 8 years ago so it's not so important but I'd like to go back and get 2kyu at least... at some point.
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For sure learning kanji as a westerner is really no mean feat.

If I had put 25% of my japanese study time into learning say Java and UNIX then I would be on double my salary now I think.

I really feel sorry for people who study the language in order to get a job, only to find out after all that work that translators really dont get paid that much. At the 2kyu test I was talking to a girl who was doing exactly that.

they run it in many countries. i think in the US they offer it in several cities. theres also a business japanese test (JETRO maybe?) which happens more than once a year.

I figured they probably didn't run it in Boston, i'll probably have to take the train down to Manhattan to take it, i'm sure they'll have it in NYC. My Japanese got rusty over the two months I was away, but it came back quickly - especially staying here with the outlaws...

• 1 month later...

OMG I passed. It is a miracle. I honestly thought I'd pick up about 45-50%. I think I got 62% on average, though only 50.5% on the reading test which I thought should fail me!?!

Thanks. Well I've pretty much given up booze so just went for a meal that evening.

Its so good knowing that:

I Don't Ever Have To Study Japanese Again, Ever!

• 1 month later...