OK guys, girls, and otherwise,

we have a problem here. It is the lack of a descriptive word for the man-made ice-blanket that is increasingly covering our hills, and is even rearing its head in above-degree temps.

Some people are calling it "snow", and that sends shivers up my spine. Yes, snowfall levels are slowly dropping, and there is a need for man-made sliding surfaces, but c'mon...

ITS NOT SNOW!

The Inuit in North Canada have a zillion words for different types fo snow, and we do to, as does japanese. But i have not heard a good word for man-made that does it justice.

To the fact that it is crap, and only a band-aid solution to global warming. It is the snow equivelant to a blow-up doll.

So c'mon, lets hear hear your most inventive slang for this unfortunate neccessity we have come to rely on.

Something that seperates if from the real, unmatchable beauty of nature's dandruff.

Lets naming!(or maiming)

OK - so this stuff in the pic is being blown out the pipe AS snow right? It is not water sprayed into the cold cold air and freezing as it falls... THATS GOTTA BE FULLA CHEMICALS!

I get it that the Aussie (and some other less blessed than the powder heaven of Japan) locations need to use snowmaking to make the industry viable. But I was under the impression that our Aussie snowmaking was simply providing the sprayed 'precipitation' (plain ol' water) into the needed location on the hill when the conditions were right for snow but mother nature was not obliging on the precipitation front (or at least not enough!).

But this stuff is not the same as that is it?

Originally Posted By: Domokun_72dpi
"I can't believe it's not snow"

after:

prod_med_main_image.jpg

man, they are all gold suggestions, especially "Snew" clap.gif

Hey Ewok 2, what is" setsu-na-ing" ?

雪(setsu) means "snow".
(dewa) nai means "it's not".

also, 切ない(setsunai) means "a little sad".
slightly searcasm in it since i don't like fake things... blush.gif

im quite surprised with the one markie said
刹那(setsuna) "temporary pleasure"
that one makes better sense to me.

how did you know markie smartie?