What would you think of someone...

...that the last time you saw him was at his birthday party a year ago.

...that has never bothered to call you again all year.

...that didn’t bother to call you at your birthday, although it’s only 3 weeks after his.

...that sends you a chain mail again at his birthday one year later, asking you to come at his birthday party.

wakaranai.gif

How far do you two go back? I know with some of my old friends from school, we only ever see each other at our kids' birthday parties anymore.

If there's food and booze on offer, and there's a bunch of other people who you'd like to catch up with going along, what do you lose by going? Don't go overboard on the gift, though.

I have to say that I noticed this quite a bit since coming to Japan... maybe it was just because before I came to Japan I was a student, so I would loads of free time to see my friends most days, but sometimes when I go to birthday parties there are people who are like - "when was the last time I saw you? This time last year?/That wedding 2 years ago?" and stuff like that. To be perfectly honest I don't think I would bother if we weren't good enough friends to meet up even a little more regularly. Maybe that's just what happens as the years go by, hope not...

tsondaboy,_you must be young with no kids ay. It's my birthday to-day and I really don't give a shit. I only knew it was my birthday because my wife told me it was.

Birthdays....phffft.....

Originally Posted By: thursday
sounds like a user who you made aquaintances with and you are no longer that useful.

Don't waste your time with these people. Friends are closer than a chain mail.

I Totally agree mate. perfectly put.

That annoys the crap outta me.

Hey.....I told you I dont give a shit!

;\) But thanks anyway.

It turned out a good day for me. No kids or wife for the day, so I spent the morning surfing and then jumped in my mates boat for an afternoon of spearfishing. We now have 2 fresh lobsters cooking in the pot and some fresh fish for dinner. \:\)

Maybe birthdays aren't that bad after all. thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I am a firm believer that "people come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime".

Might sound cynical - but some friends are not meant to be with us from 3 to 103...some ARE, but most are not. I appreciate each and every friend I have had throughout my life - but I certainly do not keep in contact with them all...or even 'many'.

I have two special female friends in my life who are here forever - one I met at 3, the other the first day of highschool...and we are a trio! Girls night out is a loud hysterical and alcohol filled event.

Sad as it is sometimes the reason or the season has run it's course and it is time to let go of a friend. Sometimes that friend is toxic to your life - it is time to let go. But if you each bring joy and smiles to one another, whether you are in contact every day or just once in a blue moon hold fast and enjoy.