Got a few friends round now for the night and we have 5 bottles of wine lined up. I'll read the labels later, but I'm really enjoying wine at the moment even though I don't really know much about it.

I think we had this a few years ago, but why not again..... wine recommendations anyone? (From cheap to fairly expenive, but not stupidly so!!)

well my specialty is definitely cheap!! I can recommend the 5 litre box of Goon, the May 2007 is a particularly good vintage!!! ;\)

In all seriousness I have no idea about wine, I donT mind it, gets you plastered though, don't get so much of a hangover with it!! \:D

My guess is the friends were opening the wine and getting ready for the United game on tv that starts in 10 minutes. Bet she's offline now.

I prefer beer myself but will always happily drink wine.

Had a fair bit of wine on Saturday night. Have no idea of the name, but it was definitely..... white. lol.gif

Not keen on red recently when I've had it. A bit too vinegary, probably cheap stuff that I should have avoided.

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Had a fair bit of wine on Saturday night. Have no idea of the name, but it was definitely..... white. lol.gif

Not keen on red recently when I've had it. A bit too vinegary, probably cheap stuff that I should have avoided.

lol.gif yeah, don't buy that stuff!! I didn't used to like red at all, but I'm slowly coming round to it. i think its a progression for your pallette, start off with the white and as you get used to it try and introduce some reds, go for some Rose as a stepping stone to red. Not that I'm an expert though, as I don't drink wine so much!!

I went to Jacobs Creek winery when I was in Adelaide, man they make some good wine. Started off the tour just tasting a couple with the pretence of buying some (I felt a bit guilty quaffing wine for free!!), but after tasting the 4th or 5th bottle, all pretence was thrown out the window as the wine took hold of an empty belly at 10.30 am!!! Great day was had by all!! \:D

(Oops, this is almost a rant!!!)

But love for wine aside.... Wine regions mean big tourism bucks for the whole region. My parents live in a wine region in Canada there are loads of businesses that hang on the coat tails of the wine industry. Plus, the wine always sells out and it doesn't even matter all that much if it's any good. --"Canada." I've probably said enough, right? In my parents area (Niagara Peninsula), there are some good wines --mostly white German varieties and 'icewine' but the reds very weak. Yet they still sell out every year. It's a small region with small supply, so demand is always greater. And recently I heard that there's a new up-and-coming wine region in Nova Scotia --the far eastern Maritimes province. Come on --Nova Scotia?! I could be wrong. --Global warming and microclimates and all that, but it seems like they're just trying to get tourists into the region on the false pretense of making good wine.

What ever happened to the wine?

I have never had any Canadian wine.

I had some local stuff from round here a few years back and it was beyond bad. Thats the only experience I have had of Japanese wine.

2 pints, you won't be disappointed whistle.gif

I've tried that very expensive ice-wine. Not really to my taste, probably 'cos I don't like sweet stuff much. Friends keep bringing the stuff over and say "you gotta try this..." "errr, OK... 'nice'..."