There's an interesting article in the guardian today about ways to waste money, here.

The ones they listed below.

Paying full list price for a car

Burning a hole in your pocket?

The protection racket that will cost you dear

Paying back a standard variable rate mortgage

Paying too much for 'bargains' on eBay

Hiring a cowboy builder

Falling for the lottery cons

---

Let's adding.

How about paying full price in an electric shop here? (Don't know about back home).

Seriously though, who actually hides money in their oven or micro?? Why isn't it in the bank or somewhere sensible??! Only old people do these things, those who just don't trust banks. My mum is a Social Care officer who looks after old people in their homes, this one old duck died and as she had no contact with her family, it fell to my mum's office to clean out her home. They found 47,000 pounds secreted away in various places through out her home, which was a basic council house semi in a pretty scabby area of town. Unbelievable!!

Originally Posted By: snowboarding-sally
Gambling.
Smoking.
Drugs.

They'll all waste your money.

yeah, but they're fun! what else are you gonna do with your money?
i would say snowboarding is more addicitve and about as expensive as heroin

I guess I was raised to think that spending your money on 'stuff' is better than 'entertainment' because you have something to show for it but now I'd rather eat good food and drink nice wine than have a bunch of crap lying around. On the other hand, fat powder boards and a stratocaster would be nice...

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy

Mine goes to:

skiing

traveling

good food and alcohol

gym membership

institutionalized prostitution

plus alpha

lol.gif Mate, that list is almost entirely of stuff that you DO enjoy. I wonder why you put that last one in there? :confused: Perhaps that too is one that you enjoy! :p

Its cuz I dont think twice really bout spending money on that stuff which puts a flame under my arse sometimes... \:\(

Im 'fraid bout getting my winter bonus and where its not going to be spent ;\) ...ps, BP, human cartwheel is coming to Hakuba this year and we're already planning a Hokkaido trip next winter \:D Damn, more money down the drain...

Originally Posted By: Oyuki kigan
And doing blow at pink salons.

Yep. But I always insist of knowing where exactly the blow comes from. I need to know that the coca hasn't been treated with harsh pesticides and that the drug lords are members of the 'fair trade federation'. \:\)

Definitely a family thread I'd think.

I don't really know what doing blow at pink salons mean, but I presume it's blowing soap bubbles through a hoop and having your hair cut at the same time in a predominently pink environment.

My current one is a second hand mountain bike that's needing lots of parts. I should have bought new.

In Japan, the clear winner is the cowboy builder. Get one of them and you are totally screwed.

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
buying a new car anywhere

Actually if you run a business in Aus buying/leasing new cars through the business and turning them over every 2-3 years can actually be beneficial as the amount you can claim as a tax deduction can often be more than the repayments.