Is it true that no Japanese have middle names?

Come to think of it, strange thing anyway. My middle name is Michael but I never use it and feel like it has nothing to do with me at all.

Those with kids here - did you give them middle names, and why?

The only time I use my missdle name is when I fill in a drivers licence or passport form.

Useless really, but we did give our kids middle names just so they wouldn't be oddballs when we go back!

My Grandpa, Dad, me, my No.1 son are all Michael (middle name)

No.2 is James after my brother.

middle names seem to be a a way of linking a child to his ancestry. which is fine by me. much better than the ridiculous american tradition of Carl Jr III

what sort of egotistical freak gives his kid the same names as themselves?

Originally Posted By: samurai
my middle is my father's first. HIs middle is his father's first. and so goes the tradition. and I plan on continuing it.

that's pretty normal i think. lots of my mates have their grandparents name as their middle name

not me. i'm going to call my kid baden deshawyna or something like that

I was named after my grandfather but have never been called anything but my middle name. My first name is WIlliam and I definitely don't feel like or associate with being a William. When it has to be used -legal forms, etc - Somebody almost always calls me Bill. Irritating! I'd like to just drop my first name but for people with no middle names for legal documents, etc., people are often forced to write there name as First Name NMN Last Name. I'd become NFN Middle Name Last Name. Strange?

They are a curious thing aren't they.

What about Gary Neville (the captain of Man Utd)'s dads name. First name is Neville.

So his name is Neville Neville.

I wonder if his middle name is Neville?

If it it, then his full name would be Neville Neville Neville.

lol.gif