Goodbye PM Abe - so whos next?

Ugh glad he's gone, though suprised he went before the debate that he originaly staked his leadership on (the debate on support of the US war in afghanistan).

The BBC report had a scary theory that the LDP may have sacrificed Abe in a deal with the opposition to get the navy support pushed through in the debate... That would be truly scary but explain his departure before the debate.

Anyway if theres one good thing that his successor can learn from Abe then it's to stay away from a certain shrine! Other than that Abe was pretty weaksauce and a bit too nationalistic in my opinion.

Now that he has some free time Abe should head up here to Nagano and realise that Japan is already a freaking beautiful country \:D

Ill do it and revolutionize Japan: bring back konyoku baths, no school (whatsofackingever on Sat and Sun), no club practice 3x/day, make GW and Obon longer, make schools offer tenure more (only to you good teecha's though ;\) ),free skiing for all memebers on SJ (sorry lurkers, you suck :p) and anything else that I feel like when the urge strikes me...

Who's gonna put me on the ballot? \:D

I was wondering that as well. It's not as if normal folk can vote.

Aso does look like Mr Sleaze for some reason, but I suppose I can't help that. I heard he was heavily into manga. Anyone know their policies other than "say what I can to get voted in"?

Originally Posted By: echineko
You mean "Aso", not "Abe?

Oops! Yes, you're right - meant to type "Aso" but typed "Abe" instead. I just got off of JO-074 yesterday morning and wasn't thinking straight.

Something seems to trip my memory that Aso said or did something either sexist or anti-foreigner in the recent past... can't remember exactly what though.